Star Princess Greek Isles & Mediterranean Cruise Notes

Enjoyed your post..we go 4/21-5/12...we have a stop in Santorini and last time there I took the bus up to Oia like you did..my concern is if there is only the one bus in the morning and then getting back again on time. I believe we don't anchor til 8am..

Thanks, Sherry

• 2 weeks later...
Enjoyed your post..we go 4/21-5/12...we have a stop in Santorini and last time there I took the bus up to Oia like you did..my concern is if there is only the one bus in the morning and then getting back again on time. I believe we don't anchor til 8am..

Thanks, Sherry

There is a bus every hour. Sometimes they leave 15 minutes before the scheduled time if they have enough people.

• 2 months later...
Great review and photos, thanks for taking the time to write this and post your photos:).

We are on the Grand Princess Greek Isles in Sept 08. ....Can't wait now!

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 years later...

We went to the Explorer’s Lounge around 8 am and got on the next tender within 5 minutes. Rode the Cable Car for 4 Euro. Donkeys were available for 5 Euros. Walked over to the bus station and found out that the next bus for Oia was leaving at 10 am. Walked by a store front for Kamari Travels that advertised tours leaving at 9 am but nobody was there at 9:15! Walked around a bit including checking out by a nearby supermarket and boarded the bus at 9:45. Bus left early since it was full. 20 minute ride to Oia, a pretty village of pastel-tinted and whitewashed houses set into the cliffside.. Walked around for an hour and a half taking lots of pictures and back to the bus stop for the return journey at 11:45 am. Once again the bus left early even though it was not full. Had a fantastic Greek lunch at Nikolas for 25 Euros per couple. Best moussaka and grape leaves!

Walked around Fira for a while, tasted and bought wine. Long line for the cable car. So we decided to walking down the winding cobble stone path. 45 minutes later we were at the dock and got on the tender without a wait!

Thanks for breaking it down so clearly! That really helps give me an idea of where I would have adequate time!

Friday November 2: Kusadasi. Left the ship at 9 am and ket our guide Leventh with Sisan Tours for a full day of sightseeing in a Mercedes van. First stop was Virgin Mary’s House and then the highlight of the day, Ephesus. We spent about 2 hours looking at the ruins and taking pictures. Lunch was at a carpet shop in the front yard with trees. Good Turkish food with beer and Raki. We had to go through a slight sales pitch on carpets before leaving. We stopped briefly at the temple of Artemis before returning to Kusadasi for some shopping for leather. Our guide was excellent!

Back on the ship at 4:30 pm in time to sail away at 5 pm for Mykonos. Had dinner in the Sabatini’s Italian specialty restaurant. Food was good but not outstanding.

Dileep,

There have been a number of threads that mention Leventh. Most are favorable but one recent one was not. Can you expand a bit on how you interfaced with Solmaz and anything that you did to ensure a good tour?

Thank you (PS: Thanks for the write up on your trip!)

Dileep,

There have been a number of threads that mention Leventh. Most are favorable but one recent one was not. Can you expand a bit on how you interfaced with Solmaz and anything that you did to ensure a good tour?

We booked the tour online with Sisan Tours and the van, guide, and driver showed up on time. There were 6 of us. The guide was excellent and informative. We did not do anything extraordinary to ensure a good tour.

Who is Solmaz?

Dileep,

I think you are referring to Levent, not Leventh.

Archived