Port Schedule-# of Ships in Port

FRE23

Is there a site anyone know of which lists the ships docking in the Carribean Ports during the month of December. I found one for St. Martin which lists at least five ships=12,000+ passengers in port December 12, the day our ship docks. No mention was made of Windsurf even though it is a regular stop on Windsurf's itinerary.

I know there is a French and Dutch side of the island, but quite a lot of people for one day?

Can't help with the website. Do you know where Windsurf docks? I've spent a week in St Maarten/StMartin and been there on a cruise that docked in Philipsburg and on a small ship cruise that docked off shore and tendered us in to Marigot. On the day our small ship cruise docked there were 1200+ people on the big ships, which all docked at Philipsburg on the Dutch side and us at Marigot on the French side. We just wandered around Marigot that day and it was a Wednesday when there is a wonderful local market with fresh fish, veggies, clothes, spices, etc. It was more crowded than I have seen it in the past but I can't imagine what Philipsburg was like! I think the French side with towns like Grand Case, Marigot, etc are much more fun than Philipsburg with all its GOLD stores. Of course Marigot has some of them too.

If you visit St Martin and intend to buy Diamonds can I advise you not to shop at Joe's Jewellery in Philipsburg. I purchased earrings from them and once home had them valued. The carat weight was under what I was lead to believe. The clarity and colour were also not as they had been stated by Joe's. When I contacted them, they wouldn't reply to my e-mails or calls. Buyers beware.

Enjoy the island it's lovely. We returned after experienceing the island on a day drip from Windsurf.

Archived