Eyelash Entensions Questions!

Classynfun1

I think I learn something new every time I come here! I read on one of the threads that some of you ladies were getting eyelash extensions and loving them. As someone who travels Monday through Friday for work every week, I am always looking for some way to cut down on the time it takes me to get ready each day and for cruising.

So, fill me in! Where do you go, how much does it cost you, how did you find your salon? I live outside of Philadelphia (West Chester/Exton area) and can't seem to find any info....

Thanks, ladies! :)

I get mine from the gal that cuts, colors my hair. She is also a skin tech., does facials etc. She dyes and waxes my eyebrows, dyes my eyelashes and then does my extensions. You can get them as thick and as long as you want ! :) I never need mascara now and it's great ! You can also get eyeliner tattooed on, but I passed on that !

Just ask around --- better, exclusive hair salons.

I get mine from my salon that does my hair, nails ect. This is a very small town in N.D. with less than 1000 people. I am sure in your area your yellow pages would have the info. It cost me $100.00 for the first extensions then between $15.00 and $20.00 for the fills which for me is done every 3 to 4 weeks. I know in larger areas its up to $200.00 for first time. Really do love them because you can swim--snorkle without any problems. Just don't use oil based makeup remover on your eyes. I also have the permanent eye liner. All I do is put on some shadow and mascara on bottom lids and that's it. You can put mascara on the extensions, but I don't unless I want more of a dramatic look.

Deb

I get mine from my salon that does my hair, nails ect. This is a very small town in N.D. with less than 1000 people. I am sure in your area your yellow pages would have the info. It cost me $100.00 for the first extensions then between $15.00 and $20.00 for the fills which for me is done every 3 to 4 weeks. I know in larger areas its up to $200.00 for first time. Really do love them because you can swim--snorkle without any problems. Just don't use oil based makeup remover on your eyes. I also have the permanent eye liner. All I do is put on some shadow and mascara on bottom lids and that's it. You can put mascara on the extensions, but I don't unless I want more of a dramatic look.

Deb

Small world!!! I also live in a small town in ND!!!! Gettin ready for the snow?? We may get an inch tonight but I'm hoping it holds off till I have all my Christmas decorations up!!

Oh and I also called my hair place and it was about $60 and they last 3-4 weeks

I have never heard of eyelash extensions. When I saw this thread I wrongly assumed (:rolleyes:) that the OP was talking about false eyelashes.

I have trouble with eye makeup, it makes my eyes hurt (crazy, I know), then I end up with a headache.

Have any of you had any problems with the extensions? Do they damage your eyelashes at all?

Thank you in advance.:)

No problem with mine, but have had them for only 5-6 weeks. Sometimes they bunch together and I just take a tiny eyelash brush and straighten them out. The outer corners can turn down once in awhile just like natural ones do. As your natural ones fall out any ones glued to them just fall off too. I really love mine.:) Mine are human hair, but don't know if all extensions are.

If you have anymore questions I'll sure try to answer them the best I can.

Deb

I have never heard of eyelash extensions. When I saw this thread I wrongly assumed (:rolleyes:) that the OP was talking about false eyelashes.

I have trouble with eye makeup, it makes my eyes hurt (crazy, I know), then I end up with a headache.

Have any of you had any problems with the extensions? Do they damage your eyelashes at all?

Thank you in advance.:)

In a sence they are false eye lashes. They are individual clumps of lashes that are glued on top or inbetween your own lashes.

I didn't have any problems with them.

Denise

Small world!!! I also live in a small town in ND!!!! Gettin ready for the snow?? We may get an inch tonight but I'm hoping it holds off till I have all my Christmas decorations up!!

I heard that in ND you can get extra long ones to sweep the snow off your front porch and your decorations. Now there's clever thinking

Regards Neil:D

I heard that in ND you can get extra long ones to sweep the snow off your front porch and your decorations. Now there's clever thinking

Regards Neil:D

Hey never thought of that one!! Now I know my hubby wouldn't have a problem with the $$ because they are so versatile!!!:D

Thanks for posting this Classy! I really love the idea. I haven't found a place in my area that does it yet, but I'll keep looking. what a fantastic idea of cruises or just to save time like you were saying during the work week.

*Update* I found a place in my area that will do the extensions for $200. Not really in my budget, but they'll do the individual falsies for $20 for the full set and they said they last about 3-4 weeks with the glue they use. The only problem is that the glue is suspceptible to moisture, so you could probably shower ok, but not go swimming often.

What is the difference between the individual false ones and the extensions? I thought that is what extensions were? :confused: Quite a price difference though. I saw a sign at salon on my way home tonite advertising extensions. I have left a message but have not heard back yet. Ever since first reading this thread, I have been interested and then tonite the sign appears!:D

I will report back when I learn more.

I got the individual eyelash extensions earlier this year as a Christmas gift from my mom. They were about $200 for the first application, and $30 for 'fills.' They use medical grade glue and individually adhere each fake lash to an individual eyelash. Takes over an hour to apply - my neck was killing me by the end of it. They were nice, but having light eyelashes, I need mascara. I used mascara, but it was a pain to remove every night. They lasted about 4 or 5 weeks, but I think they may have lasted longer if I didn't wear mascara and contacts. Possibly the pulling involved loosened them up quicker...So overall, they look fantastic, but since I already do highlights, nails and pedicures, I just couldn't see spending the extra money on another maintenance item when I could just use my fabulous mascara...Hope this helps, and if anyone has any more questions, let me know!

Wow... so they actually glue a lash to each lash... how long does that take?

I got the semi-permanent lashes done today to try them out for wedding pictures. These were the ones that only cost $20. The girl at the salon was a total expert. It took about 20 min and she glued in clusters of 4 or 5 fake lashes using semi-permanent glue. I saw the lashes she was using was Ardell, and I know you can get a DuraLash kit from Ardell at the drugstore. I'm not sure if she was using the glue from the kit, but that might be worth a try too.

Wow... so they actually glue a lash to each lash... how long does that take?

I got the semi-permanent lashes done today to try them out for wedding pictures. These were the ones that only cost $20. The girl at the salon was a total expert. It took about 20 min and she glued in clusters of 4 or 5 fake lashes using semi-permanent glue. I saw the lashes she was using was Ardell, and I know you can get a DuraLash kit from Ardell at the drugstore. I'm not sure if she was using the glue from the kit, but that might be worth a try too.

Just a note to let you know you are not suppose to use a regular eyelash curler with extensions, if you need one at all use a heated one. I don't even need to curl mine unless I want more of a dramatic look.

Classynfun1--good luck in finding someone to do yours, you'll love them!

Deb

You've all convinced me to give it a try. It sounds like such a great idea. I know it's silly, but I feel naked without mascara and I just haven't found any that don't leave me looking like a raccoon within a couple of hours.

I found a spa nearby that only charges $35. and made an appointment for tomorrow - we leave Thursday! After our cruise, I'll post whether they worked for me.:D

Make sure the spa that is charging only $35 is doing extensions and not just applying false ones. I have checked around and finally had a return call from a local spa. $150 (regularly $200) for the first time and then $80 every 2-3 weeks for "fills". Yikes, that is way too much for me! Alot of salons are doing the false lashes though for $30-$40.

Archived