Best itinerary?

bogforce

You can usually find 7 day cruises that have four ports, it has been awhile but when we cruised out of Puerto Rico years ago we actually did 5 ports and had only one sea day.

Go to one of those cruise sites like cruise.com and just click on all 6-9 days cruises for the month you want to go-they bring of the whole list and all of lines.

Just remember if there is only 3 ports for a 7 day, that means 3 sea days, 4 days will be two sea days and so on.

You know I don't mind sea days if I am on a nice line or ship-if not then give me more ports.

Out of South Florida, look at the 8 night Eastern Caribbean cruises on RCCL's Radiance of the Seas and Jewel of the Seas. They only have 2 sea days.

Or look at the Southern Caribbean cruises out of San Juan or Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Most of those itineraries only have 1 sea days. As someone said above, Carnival even has one ship with no sea days.

But if the purpose is to be able to still use a pool even in bad weather, look at ships that have a covered pool. That way if it rains, you can still lay by the pool. Look at RCCL's Radiance and Vision class, and Carnival's Spirit class, plus I know several HAL and Celebrity ships have covered pool areas, as well as several Princess ships.

Hi bogforce,

what about southern Carib? We're sailing on the Crown in December and chose this specific itinerary because it's port intensive. 1 sea day only! Leaves SJ at 11:00pm, sea day, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, Tortola, St. Thomas, and then back to San Juan.

I hope you find what youre looking for. There are some really great itineraries out there. Its just a matter of finding the best one for you!!:)

I am going on my first southern Caribbean cruise next Nov. and cannot wait. We only have one sea day and it is the very last day, so that sounds just perfect. Can rest up before getting off the ship.

That was our Fascination cruise out of Puerto Rico back in 2000-by then we needed the sea day!

Hi bogforce,

what about southern Carib? We're sailing on the Crown in December and chose this specific itinerary because it's port intensive. 1 sea day only! Leaves SJ at 11:00pm, sea day, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, Tortola, St. Thomas, and then back to San Juan.

I hope you find what youre looking for. There are some really great itineraries out there. Its just a matter of finding the best one for you!!:)

Also on an alternate week the Crown goes from San Juan to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba, Sea day and then back to San Juan. Just another option if your interested in the Southern Carribean.

The Carnival Destiny currently is doing a 7 day out of San Juan. No sea days at all! I'm currently thinking about this one for Dec. 08 on the Victory.

And when this ship stops doing this, the Carnival Victory takes over - again no sea days. We're on this one in 2009. Can't wait.

Cruises leaving from San Juan or Santo Domingo, tend to have the fewest sea days because they are closer to the islands. 1 Sea day for a 7 day cruise. Cruises leaving from Florida typically have 2 sea days for a seven day cruise. 1 day getting to the caribbean, 1 day returning. I think our next cruise is going to be Royal Caribbeans Serenade

CARIB_CAS_SJU_7523094_lg.gif

Archived