Short Review: Turret Bed and Breakfast Long Beach

IAMAMT

During our pre-cruise on Diamond Princess to Hawaii we stayed at the The Turret House 556 Chestnut Avenue Long Beach, CA 90802. We were in the dream-catcher room for two nights. This Victorian home located in a historic residential district of downtown Long Beach. There is five rooms total each with its own bathroom. Rates range around $110 to $150 per night. They have an Internet special for $109. The rooms are not large, but are decorated with turn of the century furnishings and decor. I was impressed with the books available to read or look through. The kitchen is always open for snacks and drinks. In the morning a deluxe continental breakfast buffet was served.

Both mornings we were greeted by Winston the owners pet dog. Brian and Jeff great host and made sure our needs were met. We walked a few blocks to catch the bus and was able to go to the aquarium and shopping.

The only minor problems we had was taking our luggage to the room up the stairs and back down the morning. I knew I was going to break one of the antiques or knock a picture down. It was a little spooky walking back from the bus at night. It is on a busy street but they have sounds available like seascapes and mountain winds to help cover the ambient noise. The price for a taxi to San Pedro pier is $17.00 and they called them for me.

It was a beginning to a great cruise and I would recommend this B&B to those cruisers looking for a change from the large hotels.

Archived