How much time is needed for Atlantis

Billmont

Hi Gang,

We were going to book the Comfort Suites so we could enjoy a day at Atlantis, but now I see we are not docking until 12:00 Noon and departing at 6:00 PM.

Is this enough time to get to Atlantis, spend a few hours, and get back to the ship on time?

My humble opinion:

If you dock at Noon, and leave at 6:

You will not be off the ship until 1, and you will have to be back on the ship at 5. So you have 4-5 hours to enjoy Nassau. Not enough time in my opinion to bother with the whole comfort Suites thing.

If it is water slides and the ooh and aaaah factor of Atlantis that you are seeking out, figure out a way to do it that does not include CSuites. If it is beach, and bahamas you want, I strongly suggest Hilton, or one of the resorts. Maybe even a ship excursion (yikes...never thought I would say that!).

Have fun!

My humble opinion:

If you dock at Noon, and leave at 6:

You will not be off the ship until 1, and you will have to be back on the ship at 5. So you have 4-5 hours to enjoy Nassau. Not enough time in my opinion to bother with the whole comfort Suites thing.

If it is water slides and the ooh and aaaah factor of Atlantis that you are seeking out, figure out a way to do it that does not include CSuites. If it is beach, and bahamas you want, I strongly suggest Hilton, or one of the resorts. Maybe even a ship excursion (yikes...never thought I would say that!).

Have fun!

Additionally, if you are heading there in the winter months, the pools and slide close at dusk.. which is some cases.. is about 4:30pm. Certainly not enough time for the expense.

Thanks for the input.

That is exactly what I am looking for, other cruisers opinions.

We will be in the Bahamas the end of March, so dusk will be an issue too.

Anybody else have some comments for me?

okay how about the cost of the water park at atlantis? I see that the discover atlantis tour is $33 for adults but this doesn't include the water park. any idea as I can not find it on their site?

From what I have read on other threads, passes to the waterpark from Atlantis itself are hard to come by. However, people who are staying at the Atlantis resort or the Comfort Suites have access to all facilities, including the park. So, what people do is book a room at either (usually the Comfort Suites), check in in the morning, get their pass, go to Atlantis get their wristbands.

Read this thread for more details.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=408450

okay how about the cost of the water park at atlantis? I see that the discover atlantis tour is $33 for adults but this doesn't include the water park. any idea as I can not find it on their site?

Entry to the waterpark is $155 directly from Atlantis. Some cruiselines have a special.. a few dollars cheaper. This is pp.. a bit pricey for a waterpark which would cost about $30 back in the states.

Archived