Mr. Sanchos Questions

LuvMyVette

Hi:

My husband and I will be going to Mr. Sanchos at the end of September. Has anyone been there? If so, what are the pros/cons of this place? How much is the taxi ride from the pier? Is it worth to bring snorkeling equipment? I'm interested in horseback riding... if anyone has done it.. is it worth it and what are the horses like (calm, wild, etc.)? Can my husband take pictures of me riding on the beach? Sorry for so many questions. THANK YOU for your help.

Can't help with the Mr. Sanchos questions. But, I did Carnival's horse riding in Cozumel a few years ago. Didn't enjoy any aspect of it. There was a fairly long drive to the ranch. Followed by a long wait to get on the horses (close to an hour). When the horses came back from the prior ride they were not given any water or rest before we sadled up. I felt sorry for them.

The ride itself was over a rocky trail. Since it had rained that morning, the trail was also muddy. So, the horses were going slow and slipping (not coming close to falling) on the muddy rocks. We went past some fake ruins and the guide talked about them. There was a time near the end of the tour where you could get your horse to run around in a field. I had a hard time keeping my horse moving at all until near the end of the trail. Then, it was hard to control him because he wanted to get back as quickly as possible. After the tour we had another long wait because the bus hadn't returned from the prior tour yet.

Unless Carnival has changed the tour operator, there is no riding on the beach in Cozumel. There are other places (Jamaica, for instance) where you do ride on the beach.

I am also planning on going to Mr Sanchos.(oct1) If you havent already checked out their website it's mrsanchos.com. You can print a coupon for a free margarita there. They do offer horseback riding there also. From what it says on the website, the horses do go on the beach

Hi NinaCO & creempuff0530:

Thanks so much for your input on riding in Cozumel and Mr. Sanchos. I did find their website and it was pretty informative. I also sent them an email in regard to riding there.

Many thanks again!

Creempuff0530 ~ Have a great time at Mr. Sanchos. I'll be there a few days before you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There:

When I return from the cruise I'll let you know how Mr. Sanchos was. From what I read on the web so far it's seems like a fun place to hang out. If you haven't seen their website yet, here's the link......

http://www.mrsanchos.com

Chankanaab National Park is gorgeous if you haven't been there. I was there several years ago and had a great time. The snorkeling is phenominal, beach is great and the grounds are very pretty. They do, however, charge a fee to get in there.

Take care!

Hate to burst any bubbles but I did not have a great time at Mr. Sanchos-9/4/04 cruise-------It was awful just getting to the beach thru all the venders----It seemed dirty and rundown compared to the website pics and ---it is a very long taxi ride and cost us $15 each trip---rented water mat float things for $5 each because the lounge chairs where wooden and very uncomfortable-we were the only ship in port that day so had the beach(?)pretty much to ourselves the water was great except bits of seaweed and sunken chairs under the water-pool was dirty and the frozen drinks we ordered had ground up bug parts floating in them I actually recieved a whole wing in mine-should have raised hell but just didn't drink them and sure didn't try to eat there ---scared--- so we got dressed and left after about an hour which cost us $32 for taxis and $12 for drinks we didn't drink----went back to the mall to eat! So very disappointed -Hope that you have a very different experience than us--------by the way after an hour they asked for the mats back because someone else wanted them???????????????I guess they only had two because there weren't any more being used and only about 10 people there on the beach-----------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...
Letsparty, please let us know how you liked Mr. sancho's..we will be there in the beginning of oct and trying to decide which beach to go to...

thank you

Hi

Sad to say that our cruise never went to Cozumel nor any of the ports on our itinerary due to Hurricane Jeanne. Ended up with a whole new route so I can't provide you with any information on Mr. Sanchos.

If you go, have a great time.

We made it to Mr. Sanchos...the water was wonderful..however I believe you could have a great time at a beach that is closer. The taxi ride was long and ours cost 18.00 for 5 of us. Next time we will try a closer beach. But we still had a wonderful time.

Archived