Anyone with scoop about Hurricane Howard?

momdebomb

With all the to-do about hurricane Frances I haven't seen anything about hurricane Howard but it was right exactly where the Legend of the Seas was supposed to be coming home to San Diego and on the same days. Does anyone know what happened with the Mexican Riviera cruises that (last) week? I heard that Howard was bigger than Frances but that since it wasn't heading toward land no one was too worried about it.

We were on the Legend OTS on day six coming back for PV and we were rocking BIG time. They had the barf bags in the stairways. We were okay but apparently others were not. Suprisingly, our kids did quite well at Adventure Ocean even though it was REALLY moving up there in front.

I just got an e-mail from Randi of Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan....She said that the Pride made a change in this weeks schedule due to rough waters in PV. They will be going to Ensenada instead of PV. I called Carnival and they confirmed this, they also said that cruisers were not offered any sort of compensation. They also said that they expect the hurricanes to quiet down in October, but they cannot quarantee anything. What a bummer....I would be really sad if they had to skip PV. I have decided to not book any excursions that I have to pay for in advance. Ranid's Happy Horses does not make you pay unless you take her tour, so we are going to keep our reservation with her. I will keep everyone posted if I hear anything else.

Tracie

Does anyone know what carnival is doing this week with hurricane Javier in the area? I'm assuming they will end up going to Ensenada. I'm just wondering what we will be doing next week. The hurricane is projected to head right up the coast.

From Carnival website

CARNIVAL PRIDE – 9/12/04 DEPARTURE (seven-day cruise from Long Beach) Revised Itinerary

9/12 – Long Beach

9/13 – At sea

9/14 – Cabo San Lucas

9/15 – Mazatlan

9/16 – At sea

9/17 – At sea

9/18 – Ensenada

9/19 – Long Beach

Hi Folks,

Howard is long gone. You have much bigger issues now with Javier. We felt Howard leaving PV on 9/3 but things were fine on 9/4. Morriscats, up in Cabo, you were probably too far north to feel anything. We did not hear anything on the ship about the hurricanes either as I don't think this is something the cruise line likes to disclose. You can get current hurricane information on www.accuweather.com or do a search via google on Eastern Pacific hurricanes. Have fun!

I just returned on 9/12/04 from the Mexican Riviera on RCCL "Legend of the Seas". No problem what-so-ever with our cruise, and weather. We did get a bit of rain when we left Mazatlan...lightning and thunder. Cancelled the dancing under the stars and midnight poolside buffet due to safety issues with a live band and electrical storm....We also had heavy rain for a brief time in Puerta Vallarta in the early evening.

Now that I have read about the rough seas and seasick bags in the hallway, it explains the smells that I encountered in certain areas of the ship.

Otherwise a great cruise!

Kathy (kb805)

On our 9/12 Legend cruise, we headed north after Mazatland and skipped PV. Instead, we had 2 sea days and then Ensenada our last day. No compensation (natural causes) and we didn't expect to like Ensenade but we went to El Bufalo and had fun.

We were sad to miss the Mexican Independence Day parade in PV on the 16th!

Archived