Cabin TV channels

APagano

On my Alaska cruise 4 years ago there was a TV channel where you could actually track the ship as it cruised up and down the Inside passage. It gave coordinates, speed, and even had a map showing our exact position. I thought that was pretty neat, especially because I had a book detailing all the islands in the area and I was able to read about them as we passed by. Without that Cruise Tracker channel I wouldn't have known where we were.

Is that a common feature on all ships or was it unique to NCL or Alaska? I'm curious if the Majesty has a similar channel where I can see exactly where we are.

If I remember correctly there wasn't much to the cabin TV on NCL. Just local channels (where available), a movie channel which looped the same film all day long and the channel with the map on it.

Not that I'm planning on watching a ton of television on this cruise, but as a night shift worker I'm used to being up at all hours of the night. I'm curious about my in-cabin entertainment options at 3am.

I'm not sure of the Majesty but on the Navigator there was a satelite link to CNN International and International business, ESPN international (a lot of soccer and not much else:( ) an onboard progamming similar to TV Land, all of the seminars were broadcast and some of the special events like the oldies dance, movie channels in six languages(all the same movie), the bridge cam (with light classical music) and the channel you described with the map etc. (with a light contemporary soundtrack).

Archived