Stroller

amyerin

I have a 13-month-old and am leaving next week. I'm wondering if I should take her everyday stroller (Maclaren, lightweight, 11 lb.) or should I just go with the ultra-cheap $10.00 Walmart stroller? I don't want the Maclaren to get trashed, but I am concerned that those cheap strollers just won't be comfortable.

How much did you use the stroller on the actual boat? She is not walking yet, so I'm assuming we'll use it a lot.

I have a 13-month-old and am leaving next week. I'm wondering if I should take her everyday stroller (Maclaren, lightweight, 11 lb.) or should I just go with the ultra-cheap $10.00 Walmart stroller? I don't want the Maclaren to get trashed, but I am concerned that those cheap strollers just won't be comfortable.

How much did you use the stroller on the actual boat? She is not walking yet, so I'm assuming we'll use it a lot.

Bring the stroller that is comfy, so she can sleep, and has a sun shade, so you can keep the sun off of her. The extra storage is a bonus too.

We used ours a fair amount on the ship. If you dont think you will want to lug it, consider packing the front carrier too. That way you will have a choice.

Your stroller wont get beat up. I am assuming that you are not going to take it into the ocean;) , and they are actually quite durable.

we took my daughter last year (at 12 months) and we brought the maclaren. We used it all the time.

seriously - we'd take her for walks around the track to get her to fall asleep for naps and then wheel her wherever we wanted to go. So she slept in it a lot.

I don't think it would get trashed at all.

Whatever you do - don't try to bring anything bigger than an umbrella. One couple on board had brought a jogging stroller and couldn't fit that thing anywhere!

I bought a $20 umbrella (reclines, sun shade) for our cruise last year. Our son was 6 months. Best $20 I ever spent. We'll be bringing it again for this cruise. We even took it to the beach in Cozumel, put him in it sopping wet, and hauled down the stairs (with him in it) to get on the tender boat (not recommended!).

If you have tenders to do, I HIGHLY recommend a front/hip carrier.

The Maclaren definitely.

Bring a bungee cord if you're flying. Double secure the stroller before handing it over at the door. Even if you're not flying, the bungee cord could be a good idea for embarkation/disembarkation so that it doesn't pop open. Also, remove all "extras" and attach the straps. Less chance of damage when it's not with you...

I also recommend a carrier. Hip carriers can be harsh on the back and neck. Chances are, she's out of those front packs that dangle the child by the crotch. I found a sling much more useful but a pouch, wrap or Mei Tai would work too. It's so nice to NOT be dependent on the stroller for getting around. Sometimes too, it's safer to have her close. So comfortable, I forgot they were there! That front pack was in the back of the closet after I got my sling.

Another plus, they take up hardly any room. Along with the stroller that folds, you'll be in good shape!

Have a great time.

Thanks for all the tips -- I'm definitely leaning toward the Maclaren. Bad thing is that she won't sleep in the stroller.

The Maclaren definitely.

I also recommend a carrier. Hip carriers can be harsh on the back and neck. Chances are, she's out of those front packs that dangle the child by the crotch. I found a sling much more useful but a pouch, wrap or Mei Tai would work too. It's so nice to NOT be dependent on the stroller for getting around. Sometimes too, it's safer to have her close. So comfortable, I forgot they were there! That front pack was in the back of the closet after I got my sling.

Another plus, they take up hardly any room. Along with the stroller that folds, you'll be in good shape!

Have a great time.

What kind of sling are you using? How long did you use it? I have a Moby that I used in the beginning, but I'm thinking it would be a little silly at this point.

http://www.maclarenbaby.com/us/index.php?lang=en&mosConfig_lang=english

if its anything like this-- this is what they had on the Liberty in Aigst that we rented for the week for $25.00

Carrying a 13 month baby all week-- you will surely hurt by the end of the week--to get from the front to the back is a very long hike.

we needed the kind that reclines coz she slept a lot at night while we watched the shows

We just downsized to the Jeep Wrangler XT, it reclines and looks a little like the Macleran, just not as expensive. My parents bought the Jeep Wrangler but it did not recline so we ordered the XT which does and it is a God send. No more lugging around the big stroller. This thing is perfect and it only cost $30.

Archived