Kangaroo Island

Enchantment 04

No, unfortunately no ships go close to Kangaroo Island. They used to dock occasionally in Adelaide and you could either fly or drive there but they cut out Adelaide about two years ago.

It is a beautiful untouched part of Australia with lots of wildlife.

Jennie

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any cruises stopping at this lovely island? If not, how does one access this island from a cruise point of view. Are there any cruises that stop at nearby islands, and then allow you to take ferry over to this island? Any and ALL advice would be great! Thanks :p

Hi there, having lived on K.I as a youngster, it is sad to report right now there is a devastating bushfire, most of the Island is off limits to all but people with property in the areas involved

One 22 year old man has lost his life.

kind regards, Lorraine

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am from Adelaide and will be travelling on the Diamond Princess from Sydney to Bangkok on 22 Feb 2009.

Adelaide is one of the ports we will stop at. The ship docks at Outer Harbour which would be approximately 25 minutes from the city.

The only way you could do KI in a day would be by flying from Adelaide to Kingscote (I think only through Rex Airlines). However, a day would probably not be enough to see all of the sights on the island.

Kangaroo Island is beautiful and if you do get a chance it IS a must see!

Archived