Review Pacific Sun 9th Nov

pommiepom

Hi Everyone,

Thought id give you all a very quick review.

We boarded the Pacific Sun on 9th Nov at Darling Harbour, checkin was very quick and we were onboard within 30mins.

My Cabin was on main deck near the pursers office and it was a great cabin with good room stewards who made me towel animals most nights, the main stewards name was Arif cant remember the other guys name.

It was a bit choppy and rough the first night and first sea day, so like usual my seasick pills didnt work so i ended doing a trip to the medical centre for the injection which cost about $90 and worked a treat. The medical centre was packed and the staff said they hadnt been that busy for a while.

Dinner each night in the dinning room was good, Waiters were Rommel and Jeffery. Jeffery was only new and learning but did a great job. I found Rommel to be very attentive to the young attractive ladys,and if you werent that you got basic service, but i guess thats life.

The steakhouse was great and is great value for money!!!!!!

On sailaway we passed the Pacific Dawn at OSPT, it was really great to see her and the horns tooting each other was great and then again to see her on the first sea day was great.

Ports were Isle of Pines, well what can i say it never changes and is a great stop, Lifou also great, Vila i love going here and the duty free grog is the cheapest.....

Disappointment was they had Island night on Lifou night, dont understand why they did this and the ppl in Vila werent happy as it had taken alot of their business away.

Cruise Director was Demo who was as great as normal, He did alot more hands on stuff as his assistant Kevin had to take emergency leave so they were a staff member short. They put up a kiwi girl to take his spot but to be honest she annoyed the heck out of me and she did Bingo which alot of ppl complained about as she had never done it before and didnt realy have a clue, cant really remember her name maybe Kelly but not sure.

Guest entertainers were pretty poor, we had Jackie Love and cant remember his name a british comedian who did sound effects aswell. P&O really need new entertainers!!

We were late into Brisbane due to a medical evac having to take place, which was interesting to see as it doesnt happen very often. I do hope the poor guy has recovered and is ok.

The captain was very good, very informative thoughout the cruise and blasted the horn many many times...

Departure at Brisbane wasnt very good, took a very long time to disembark, they seemed disorganised compared to sydney, just hope for QLD ppl they improve.

All in all had a great time. Cant wait for the next cruise.

I have put together a few slideshows from my cruise. Hope you enjoy and i havent bored anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG_5Wruj2Ls

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCyGTpSY-8A

Pommiepom

Pommiepom,

Thank you for your review. It is interesting you say that they appear to be a bit disorganised at Portside as far as disembarkation is concerned. I'm hoping it's only teething problems with Pacific Sun being only new to Brisbane and being a different size to Pacific Star etc. I am sure when Portside first opened things were similar to those you experienced with Pacific Star. I hope they have improved by my cruise in May and definitely for those cruising before. :D

Hi guys

Rommel is our absolute favourite waiter on the Pacific Sun. He's terrific and always remembers us. We are both in our 50's, so are neither young nor attractive and he always hugs and kisses both of us when we meet again.

Megagirl

Great review - I just read it to my mum (she was also on that cruise) and she agreed with every word - especially about the comedian and the NZ girl doing the bingo.

My parents took a total of 6 photos on the cruise so I said to my mum "Wasn't it nice of someone else to take a video of your holiday for you?". Thanks pommiepom ;)

Pommiepom,

Thank you for your review. It is interesting you say that they appear to be a bit disorganised at Portside as far as disembarkation is concerned. I'm hoping it's only teething problems with Pacific Sun being only new to Brisbane and being a different size to Pacific Star etc. I am sure when Portside first opened things were similar to those you experienced with Pacific Star. I hope they have improved by my cruise in May and definitely for those cruising before. :D

Yeah i think it was just teething problems, as it was the first time the sun had down the turn around in Brisbane, Im sure it will be fine by your cruise.

Thanks for the review pommiepom.:) That comedian sounds like Mike Harris. I wasn't wrapped in him either.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise overall, despite a few niggling problems.:)

Nah it wasn't Mike Harris, i actually dont mind Mike, when i find his name ill let you know its at my mums place somewhere........

Thanks Pommiepom, we got on after you, in Brisbane, ah so thats why the kiwi girl doing Bingo was so bad:rolleyes: she annoyed me too, how many times were we told, "one section, in a unit"?? would have been easier if she said one line on a ticket???? confused the heck out of everyone I sat next too:) anyway........everytime she said 66 annoyed me more haha (sorry Kiwis) Yes, the Steakhouse is the best value, we had a lovely romantic night there:p

I was also surprised, think I mentioned it in my review that they had Island night after Lifou, and there wasnt much available to buy, Island nights after Vila are fabulous, I love seeing alll the guys in their grass skirts and coconut bras:D

Chez

xx

Hi guys

Rommel is our absolute favourite waiter on the Pacific Sun. He's terrific and always remembers us. We are both in our 50's, so are neither young nor attractive and he always hugs and kisses both of us when we meet again.

Megagirl

Yeah he was good, but as i said very attentive to the young ladys around us.

Great review - I just read it to my mum (she was also on that cruise) and she agreed with every word - especially about the comedian and the NZ girl doing the bingo.

My parents took a total of 6 photos on the cruise so I said to my mum "Wasn't it nice of someone else to take a video of your holiday for you?". Thanks pommiepom ;)

Glad your mum enjoyed it, i love taking photos, i was more playing with my new camera on this cruise.

Was the comedian Peter Dean?? I didnt go, but others said he was ok.

Chez

xx

Yeah - that's him Chez... my dad complained about him on the comment card - and my dad doesn't complain about anything, ever. Both my parents said he was offensive... :(

Was the comedian Peter Dean?? I didnt go, but others said he was ok.

Chez

xx

Ughh... Peter Dean?? Is he still around?? Has he come up with any new jokes?? Did he still have his young femaile 'companion'??

We had him on our Pacific Sky cruise. Saw him in the welcome aboard show, and didn't bother with his solo show.

Thanks for the review!! I will have to wait until I get home to see the pics as I can't access you tube at work. Why do comics thinks that they have to be offensive to be funny??:confused: I hope that they change Island night back to Villa. Glad you had a good time.

thanks pommiepam. it is always great to others reviews more so when accompanied by photos, although i havent checked them out yet.

havent been here for a few days and boy the posts mount up.

hate to think what it was like for the dawnsters

Archived