Cheap Place to Store Luggage in Old San Juan

heychadwick

My concierge desk told me about a place that they had just found out about that will store your luggage for you rather cheaply. The place is a restaurant called Barrachina (http://www.barrachina.com/ ), that is also the home of the Pina Collada. They have a back room that they will store your luggage for about $10 total. That’s not per bag, but total. It’s all in a locked room that one guy runs and we had no problems with it. Since one guy runs it, it’s only open during his hours of business. I think it went from when the place opened (around 10 or 11?) until 4:30 or so. The place had a lot of luggage when we were there and had no problem getting our stuff. We even paid $20 for it b/c it was such a deal.

The restaurant is pretty close to the docks and we walked from the place down to the piers. I would say that it was just on the edge of being close enough to walk for us. The map makes it look further away, but the blocks in Old San Juan are pretty small. The hard part for us was going down cobble stone roads or down a few stairs in the park areas. As I said, it wasn’t really difficult, but was slightly annoying. I can’t imagine a taxi from the place to the port to be that expensive, as it was maybe 10 blocks or so. What we did was take a taxi from our hotel to Barrachina. We left our luggage as we toured the old city, and then jumped on the ship at about 4:30-5pm after all the lines had disappeared.

• 1 month later...
Check out http://www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp

Scroll down to about page 3. They store luggage for a small fee and they are located across the street for Pier 4.

I plan to use them pre-cruise in January.

Good luck!

Thanks for the post, we've been wondering what to do with our luggage after check out and pre-boarding the Crown on 01/12/08. Although they charge for the service it's probably cheaper than taking a cab back to the hotel in Miramar to pick up the luggage stored with the bell captain.

Bon Voyage!

Archived