Bangkok (Laem Chabang) Pier - Availability of Tours

shifty

Does anyone know if there are tour companies at the Laem Chabang pier? We're arriving on 5 January on the Rhapsody & to date RCCL has no shore excursions for this day (it was a recent substitution for Sihanoukville Cambodia). We are particularly interested in any Elephant attractions not too far from the pier.

Thanks.

We recently arrived (11/18) at Laem Chabang on a Princess cruise. We spent 4 days in Bangkok following the cruise. We used Oriental Escape (a very good company for our transfers and subsequent touring). It took about 2 1/2 hours to Bangkok. Of course we were on the highway but I didn't see anything in terms of touristy things enroute to the city. Are you not going to Bangkok?

We did an elephant park but it was a tour from Bangkok and about an hour out of the city.

We're spending the 2nd & 3rd days in Bangkok as part of the ship's excursion, but are considering doing the Pattaya Elephant Village on our own. We just need info regarding the availability of taxis or car services that could take us to the Elephant Village and return us to the ship after the "show".

My wife and I have done the Nong Nooch Village & Show just outside Pattaya. In addition to the show, you can ride the elephants. We enjoyed it. In fact, we felt we didn't have enough time there. There are lots of gardens to see in addition to the show.

I would think taxis between the ship and venue would be pretty easy.

You can check it out at www.nongnoochtropicalgarden.com.

We are also booked on the same RCCL 12 day cruise and noticed the change in schedule adding 1x extra day in port of Laem Chabang. I've been looking around for transfer options from the port to Bangkok and it seems that the best way is to get a group together to share a van(up to 8 passengers). Otherwise, you can negotiate a return rate with the taxis at the port but make sure you pay the return fare seperately. Search the internet for transfer cost from Pattaya to Laem Chabang which will get you the approx. going return/one way rate. Otherwise there are no local tour companies in Laem Chabang as this is a predominately a commercial trading port. You can try to book a transfer with a tour company in Pattaya, who will meet you at the ship but I'm not sure this will cost less as they have to come from Pattaya to pick up then drive back to Pattaya and then back to Laem Chabang for drop off then back to Pattaya. We are heading to Bangkok on Jan 5th and are looking for anyone who wants to share a taxi/van into town returning on the 7th also looking to share a ride back. If you have any other questions you can also email me at tfchen@sympatico.ca.

Archived