NCL Shuttles

gehrandt

Does anyone know what NCL charges for their shuttle service from the Port of Maimi to FLL? Tks.

My DH and I were wondering the same thing. Glad you asked. We are taking the Go Shuttle to Miami from FLL but they don't have return service the same way. I wonder why? As long as they are servicing from FLL to the port, it might be good business for them to have a return. But, then again, they might be stepping on toes and aren't able to do it. So I think the best way is to take NCL's shuttle back. I wonder if anyone has ever mentioned another way to get to FLL from the port of Miami besides that shuttle that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. We don't have a flight until late afternoon so we'll check out a tour also instead of just sitting in the FLL airport.

We had a 3 p.m. flight from Ft. Lauderdale. Shuttle users had been given colour coded luggage tags and were among the last to be called to depart from the ship which, for us, was not a problem because we had full access to our room and they kept one buffet open. The shuttle was a large older Greyhound bus and the driver stopped at the various departure terminals. We were a bit put off by her not so subtle suggestion that we tip her, put in terms of "I took care of you - so, remember that I have a family to take care of." She offloaded the luggage and stood by the door with her hand out.

He,

Yes we encountered the same 'hand out' attitude and we only went from the Port to the Double Tree in Downtown Miami. No more than 5 minutes and had we known where it was, we would have walked and taken in the views. Much more pleasant than an old bus!

My DH and I were wondering the same thing. Glad you asked. We are taking the Go Shuttle to Miami from FLL but they don't have return service the same way. I wonder why? As long as they are servicing from FLL to the port, it might be good business for them to have a return. But, then again, they might be stepping on toes and aren't able to do it. So I think the best way is to take NCL's shuttle back. I wonder if anyone has ever mentioned another way to get to FLL from the port of Miami besides that shuttle that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. We don't have a flight until late afternoon so we'll check out a tour also instead of just sitting in the FLL airport.

My wife and I have a very late flight out of FLL after returning from our cruise aboard the Pearl, so we decided to rent a car at the Port of Miami, one way, and drop it off at FLL that evening. That gives us the freedom to move around Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and do some site-seeing, a great wrap up to our cruise. Plus, it was less that $20.00 more than purchasing the transfers, and then having to sit around the airport for hours waiting on our flight.

There are four of us in our group going and we are taking a limo from FLL to the port. It is going to cost $90, so a little more than the bus, but we are hoping to stop on the way and pick up some soda. Same with the return, we are hiring a limo to return us to the airport.

Just returned from the Sun and used the shuttle between FLL and Port of Miami. Same price as the car we planned to rent ($20pp) . . . and it worked beautifully for us. Much easier than renting a car and using their shuttle, etc.

Met by NCL reps as soon as we entered the baggage claim area at FLL. Bus was ready to roll when we were.

Yes, the bus is old. And yes, the drivers do "beg" for tips. But for us, the convenience was worth it.

At the end of the cruise, we were in the 8:30 group, even though our plane didn't leave until 3pm. That got us to the airport in time to change to an earlier flight and have excellent seats! Some things do work out!!

The shuttle is not perfect, but it worked beautifully for us, just DH and myself.

:):):) ninkb

I was wondering how to make reservations to use the NCL shuttle from Miami back to FLL. Can I wait and make the reservations once on the ship. We are using Go Shuttle from FLL to our hotel in Miami the day before the cruise. I was told it costs alot more to use Go Shuttle to return to FLL because of the various licensing fees placed on them in Miami.

There are four of us in our group going and we are taking a limo from FLL to the port. It is going to cost $90, so a little more than the bus, but we are hoping to stop on the way and pick up some soda. Same with the return, we are hiring a limo to return us to the airport.

What is the name of the limo service that you are using? We are flying into FLL and will need transportation to and from the Port of Miami.

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering how to make reservations to use the NCL shuttle from Miami back to FLL. Can I wait and make the reservations once on the ship. We are using Go Shuttle from FLL to our hotel in Miami the day before the cruise. I was told it costs alot more to use Go Shuttle to return to FLL because of the various licensing fees placed on them in Miami.

Returned from our cruise yesterday (12/9/07) and, yes, you can wait and book a transfer to the FLL airport after you are on the ship ... which is what we did. NCL sent out notices to each cabin asking if a person wanted to use their shuttle service to go to FLL or MIA airports. It was $20 per person to go to FLL on a Greyhound Bus from the ship's terminal in Miami. As someone mentioned in a previous post, the driver did "beg" for a tip saying something like "Don't forget your driver, we accept tips etc. etc. etc." Very, very tacky!!!! I think I am going to write to NCL telling them of this. But then, I had to go to the purser's desk with my NCL bill ... they charged us double ($80 instead of $40) for a refund. We only used their service one way. Be sure and check you bill on the last morning and dispute any charges PRIOR to 9 a.m. when the billing accounts close.

Archived