No more lobster!!!

[quote name='cruise_lover']It all depends on which ship you are sailing on and whether or not you will be able to order lobster.

Actually[U] please explain[/U] what the attraction to lobster is? Is it because it so expensive where you come from that getting it free makes it an attraction,? Or, that lobster is hard to come by in your area of the country so you enjoy it whenever you can get it. Sorry I don't mean to start any arguments or anything but I honestly don't see what the attraction to lobster is. And yes, I have had steamed lobster several times but if I don't get it or can't have it I am not going to have it ruin my trip and write about it.

Please don't flame me. I would honestly like to know why people, in general, can't do with certain things. I call it a lesson in psychology.[/quote]

I am so glad you posted this because i have been trying to work out why everyone is so keen on the god awful things lol

[quote name='riteonglor']We just got off FOS two weeks ago and they had lobster on a Thursday night. It was very small and did not taste like any lobster I have ever ate before. It had a very strong fishy taste to it. I would pass on lobster on the ship if they served it again. Had this been my first introduction to lobster I know I would be ruined for life on lobster. But I know what good lobster tastes like and if this hadn't been in a lobster shell I would not have believed it was lobster. There were 6 people at our table and they all agreed it was not good. Oh, well, everything else they served with the meal was excellent.[/quote]

Well said. I can't understand why anyone would CARE whether or not they serve what they call lobster. I won't be ordering it if it is offered on our cruise in February. In fact I hope it isn't, that will mean another entree to choose from:D

[quote name='cruise_lover']Actually[U] please explain[/U] what the attraction to lobster is? Is it because it so expensive where you come from that getting it free makes it an attraction,? Or, that lobster is hard to come by in your area of the country so you enjoy it whenever you can get it. Sorry I don't mean to start any arguments or anything but I honestly don't see what the attraction to lobster is. And yes, I have had steamed lobster several times but if I don't get it or can't have it I am not going to have it ruin my trip and write about it.

Please don't flame me. I would honestly like to know why people, in general, can't do with certain things. I call it a lesson in psychology.[/quote]

I'm in the midwest - I can get lobster here but it's very expensive, so I don't have it very often. It's a luxury item for me. Fake lobster, crawdads, longuistinos... no, not the same thing. PASS!!

Would not make or break my cruise. It's not like there will otherwise be nothing to eat.

I think, tho, that the serial cruisers have come to associate "lobster night" with cruising, so it has become engrained in the tradition of cruising for them. I think the absence of lobster is seen as 'one more cutback' that has people up in arms. One more chink in the armor that was their grand view of cruising of old. Many people have great trouble with change. They have come to expect certain things on a cruise and slowly economic realities are forcing cruise lines to make changes.

Me, eh, I roll with the changes. If I want lobster so badly, I can go find one on my own and pay for it. Wouldn't be the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

Archived