Pigeon Island / Rodney Bay ????

JJPacer

Has anybody been to Pigeon Island? Can you get there by taxi or public bus? If so, do you know how much? Are Kayaks for rent there? We were thinking of spending a couple of hours on Pigeon Island, then going to Rodney Bay for the remainder of our time. Would we have difficulty catching a cab or bus from Rodney Bay back to the ship? If you have been there, did you enjoy yourself? Did you enjoy Rodney Bay? Do you have any tips for us?

Thanks.

JJPacer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any trip to St. Lucia for me compels me to do Pigeon Point .... besides loving history and St. Lucia, I am always amazed at how the vista from the top provides me with a real view of how progress rapidly encroaches even on this little Paradise ...... depending on when you go, you might be able to actually see the Jazz Festival, which has the last 2 days in the Park area below the Fort.

If you are going to do the "beach" thing (possibly buy a Day Pass from Sandals - Royal, which is here), the Fort/Park is a 10 minute walk in the sand, and for $5 pp you can enjoy the last 1/2 hour before you head out. If you time it right, yu can reach the Fort at sunset, making it really worthwhile (and a spectacular Kodak moment).

A few moments of my own:

:)

DSC01142.jpg.4601f42f315f66655bc13a96f8751140.jpg

DSC01302.jpg.fa038924c02729fa4b7afe24c9589598.jpg

PS: Not too many people know about it (which keeps it a nice little secret), but if you first hike to the Fort, when you come down you can have lunch at the restaurant in the lower floor of the Commandants House there in the Park. The lower floor used to be the storage cellar, and surrounded by the hand-hewn limestone and totally unique setting, just "discovering" it can make an ordinary day ultra-special.

Sorry, but I forgot the actual name (might be "The Commandants"! LOL), but they have around 5 tables to serve luch and dinner, and have a daily menu that is to die for!

All the fish and menu items are caught fresh the same day or may be offered particularly since that is all they caught the last hour, but this is a meal that will inspire favored memories and storytelling for years to come!

> Not inexpensive, but worth every penny ..... if you enjoy exclusivity and real quality. And, it might be somewhat uncomfortable for really tall people, as the ceiling height is only about 6.5' (it's a cellar, remember? LOL)

Be sure to inquire with a knowledgable driver or otherwise before adding to your itinerary for the day: make sure it is open! ;)

Archived