Long Beach port question

Guera88

I will be driving to the Long Beach, CA port and was wondering if the ship is right there by the port? Like once we park the car, how far is it to the ship or where they take your luggage? Walking distance? or do we have to take a shuttle? Leaving in 17 days!! :)

The parking structure is right where you drop your luggage off. Give your bags to the porters..tip em and your off. You do your early check in at the Queen Mary. Then after that you enter the terminal right there...feet away(the old Spruce Goose Dome). Everything is right there together.

Have fun!!

Parking garage is right there by the ship. There is a porter in the garage to collect you luggage.

Some folks take advantage of "Park and Cruise" programs offered at some of the hotels. You arrive the day before, spend the night at the hotel, and they will shuttle you to and from the ship. You leave your car parked at the hotel for the week (included in hotel price).

Some folks (myself included) think is a nice alternative, and the price is offset by the $70 the pier parking garage would have charged you ($10 per day).

Hotel prices range from $75 to $160. GuestHouse International Hotel (appx. $75) to The Coast Hotel at the pier (appx. $140 garden view, $160 port view). Some have stayed at the Queen Mary. One of the larger hotels, can't remember if it is Holiday, Marriot, or Hilton, has this program, but will only shuttle to the ship one way and they will not pick you up( kind of strange, IMHO), so beware and ask.

Port parking is $10 per day. I've thought some folks have said it is now $11 per day.

I listed some of the more popular park-and-cruise hotels above.

I will be driving down from the Bay Area the day before. This will give us plenty of time to relax before the trip, and helps with any unforseen events (flat tire, etc.). We plan to tour Long Beach and sit by the pool.

We will be staying at the GuestHouse International Hotel, which is about 3-4 miles from the Port, about $75. They will shuttle you to and from the hotel. They have a complmentary contenental breakfast.

Check out their web site: http://www.guesthouselb.com/home.html

You need to call and book directly with this one location for this package.

The GuestHouse International Hotel is rated a 3 star hotel. It's near the UC Long Beach Campus (maybe my DW and I could make one of the Frat House Rushes Saturday evening :rolleyes: ).

The Hotel sounds nice. They have a restuarant, and nice pool so I've heard. The pool has a nice waterfall and garden for ambiance. The Park and Cruise package is a nice touch as well.

A 3 star hotel for $75 is always good in my book, and really, I'm not that picky. It's just one night and I'm not the type to insist on the highest quality service... just good polite service and a clean room.

A review I found from Wcities:

Guesthouse Hotel is a member of a great chain featuring comfortable suites at reasonable prices. A beautiful and open lobby leads to its Jacuzzi suites with one and two bedrooms, small refrigerators in most of the rooms, and a great western-themed restaurant. It is close to all major Long Beach attractions, including the Queen Mary, Cal State Long Beach, and the Long Beach Convention Center. Its open garden areas will beckon you for an evening stroll.

special feature: On site Enterprise rental car, guest passes to next door gym, complimentary newspaper. In room dataports, voice mail.

The Guesthouse Hotel provides a free shuttle that will take guests anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel.

I'll post a small review when I get back.

Archived