Bad Passenger Habits

I wish they would raise the prices and hire people to serve the food in the Windjammer.

###

If they had crew to serve then they would not have to raise the prices as it would save on all that waste that passengers pile on their plates. Last week on the Navigator they had saucers to place the tongs on for each item. Some guests still could not figure it out.

I observed this on our last Jewel cruise and I can't believe that no one else has a problem with this.

Every day in the Windjammer I noticed people using the tongs and tossing them back onto the trays. Never just leaning them as is normally the custom, just tossing the tongs onto or into whatever dish. Obviously the next person in line gets to fish out the tongs. With all the concern about viruses, shouldn't this be a concern???

My question is simply, WHERE WERE THESE PEOPLE RAISED???

The cruiselines work really hard to avoid contamination. Why can't the passengers put in a little effort to comply??

Raised in places just like you. Can't you find something worth while to complain about.

That is why I liked sailing on NCL this past January. No one served themselves when going through the buffet line. They had servers, wearing gloves and using tongs that served everyone. And if you felt that the portion they gave you was too small all you had to do was ask for another serving and they glady gave you more.

From some of the posts I've read on different subjects, here at Cruise Critic, my first trip on Royal Caribbean should be an interesting one.

My first cruise on RCCL starts this Sunday; I'm with you, it should be interesting!:D

What is worse is when a man leaves the urinal and goes straight to the hand drying machine. I have witnessed this several times!!:eek:

On my recent EOS cruise I had a "Seinfield" moment(remember Pappy's pizza?):D

After using a bathroom the "lady", dressed beautifully in the gorgeous formal gown, walked to the mirror, checked her hairdo and walked out of the bathroom without washing her hands.

I couldn't believe it.:eek:

I am in tears reading this thread....:D

I think elevator farting is fair.......payback to those people that charge on while you are trying to get off because they don't know to wait until it empties.

Of course, I would never do it but just saying it would be fair.;) :D

For those of you who stress about servers washing hands, or passengers who don't wash their hands or germs being spread through tongs or whatever...

First off, understand this... I AM NOT DEBATING THAT GERMS CAN BE TRANSFERRED BY THESE MEANS!!!!!

But my advice to you if it really bothers you is this:

1. NEVER, EVER eat out again... don't eat anything you have not personally prepared yourself... This means you will no longer be able to cruise or take any kind of vacation that does not allow you to prepare your own food... stay out of restaurants and start producing your own food... get a cow and grow some veggies... think about how many people touch the produce you buy in a supermarket;)

2. DO NOT travel to Africa, India, Asia, etc... stay in the continental US for the rest of your life.

Folks, our country is definitely in the minority when it comes to practicing sanitation as it pertains to food... Most countries don't have any rules about this sort of thing and those from other cultures aren't always hip to our food sanitation expectations...

For those of you who stress about servers washing hands, or passengers who don't wash their hands or germs being spread through tongs or whatever...

First off, understand this... I AM NOT DEBATING THAT GERMS CAN BE TRANSFERRED BY THESE MEANS!!!!!

But my advice to you if it really bothers you is this:

1. NEVER, EVER eat out again... don't eat anything you have not personally prepared yourself... This means you will no longer be able to cruise or take any kind of vacation that does not allow you to prepare your own food... stay out of restaurants and start producing your own food... get a cow and grow some veggies... think about how many people touch the produce you buy in a supermarket;)

2. DO NOT travel to Africa, India, Asia, etc... stay in the continental US for the rest of your life.

Folks, our country is definitely in the minority when it comes to practicing sanitation as it pertains to food... Most countries don't have any rules about this sort of thing and those from other cultures aren't always hip to our food sanitation expectations...

Gee thanks for the advice...... :rolleyes:

Gee thanks for the advice...... :rolleyes:

No problem... just a friendly little reminder from Reality! Our food is handled and processed by so many people and chemicals in this day and age that quite frankly, bare-handed servers and passengers is the least of our worries:)

First (and last) time I was in line for a chocolate fountain dessert at a restaurant; a man in front stuck his finger in the flow of chocolate......:eek:

Scratch the chocolate fountain experience off my list.:mad:

OK. I've got one that really tops all of these. It will make your stomach curl so STOP if you don't want that to happen. Note that this didn't take place on a cruise ship (it could have), but happened instead at a buffet with self serve ice cream. A lady right in front of me scopped ice cream out, licked the ball on the scoop, and tossed the scoop of ice cream back into the ice cream container.

Thanks for helping me with my new diet!!!!!!! I no longer crave ice cream :eek:

Archived