Interesting info for those (like me) sailing on Mariner Sept 12

aqusis

I found this info on the Port of Miami website. It shows Mariner returning to Miami on Sept 12 at 7 AM and leaving at 5 PM on the 12th. Shows last stop as Cozumel (isn't Mariner doing a Eastern Caribbean run this week) but most interesting shows the next port as Canaveral. I know the Canaveral website was updated today and says closed until further notice (originally said closed until Sept 8 at the earliest) but what do you make of this? If the Mariner is going to/be able to head to Canaveral after disembarking in Miami, why wait until 5:00 to head up the coast? http://egvsys.miamidade.gov:1608/wwwserv/ggvt/seaaw003.dia?fromdate=09/12/2004&todate=09/18/2004

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm on Sovereign on 9/13 out of Canaveral... supposedly. Called RCCL today and was told that as of right now, they are not showing any changes to the 9/10 or 9/13 sailings of Sovereign. She started out by saying "that sailing will happen as planned", to which I replied, "but your own website says that PC and Coco Cay are closed".

She said that they had not made port changes yet, and may not do so until the day of the cruise. She said a ship went out today without the passengers knowing until TODAY where they were going. Hmmm... (I know, I know... they can change ports per the contract)

I tried to call my hotel in Cocoa Beach (Doubletree Oceanfront) and got no answer. Hilton says that as far as they know, they will be accepting guests this weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed... and looking for hotels via HiltonHonors points in FLL/Miami area just in case we get moved.

PORT CANAVERAL UPDATE

September 7, 2004

The waters of Port Canaveral are closed until further notice. This applies to all types of vessels, including recreational as well as cruise and cargo. A full inspection of the harbor and approaches and emergency dredging must be completed before the harbor can be re-opened.

The Canaveral Port Authority offices will be fully operational on Wednesday, Sept. 8 beginning at 8 a.m. and all employees are to resume their normal work schedules.

For the most current information on Port operations, please call the public advisory information line at 321-783-7831 and listen for the prompts. All information is subject to change. Individuals with questions concerning cruises should directly contact the cruise line.

Just how big is Port Everglades?

Jacquelyn :D

Just throwing this into the confusion pot. Carnival right now is showing the Glory to return to PC on the 12th and the Fantasy on the 11th.

The Mariner cruise on the 12th is the western caribbean route...to answer your question about the last port being Cozumel.

From what I remember I don't think Port Everglades or Tampa for that matter can handle ships the size of the Mariner or the Glory. Someone correct me if I'm wrong..

I contact my TA up here in Boston, She called RCI. RCI says Mariner will offload in Miami with the previous week's trip, and Swing up to Port Canaveral for our trip on Sept 12th. Probably will leave PC much later than the scheduled 5pm departure time. I originally called my TA to inquire about changing flights to Miami because of the change. However she says to stay put. I'll keep checking back in with her!!

Of course all this chit chat is 100% dependant on whether Port Canaveral even opens back up this week!!

Who'd have thought a hurricane named "FRANCES" could cause so much trouble!!

Archived