RCI's 'Vision' Solo first cruise

pvfunlover

I'm wanting to do a Mexican Riviera cruise late April out of LA. This will be my first cruise and I will be travelling solo. My TA suggests the RCI's Vison. Is this a good choice? The price isn't bad at all.

Thanks

The Vision out of LA should be fine although maybe not as much of a party ship as the Carnival ship that says out of there. I have sailed the Vision as a Single and had a good time in the past and some great memories. I would think that out of LA there should be some singles on there but go and have a good time regardless.

• 2 weeks later...

I cruised on the Serenade solo a couple of years ago (had a GREAT time) I will be cruising solo on the Vision in January. I probably will post a review when I return. I csuised on her a few years back with my son and she is a great ship. I think you will have a fine time whether you choose to mingle or hang out by yourself.

I just got back from the Elation out of SD as a solo, great cruise. Got such a great price. You might want to Price the Paradise out of LA too.

If RCCL is giving you a solo rate, as they do once in a while, go for it. I just do Carnival as a solo as they have the 150% for the 1A cat for solos and they place you at a large table with other solos for dinner. I have seen RCCL offer the reduced sup once in a great while though.

I was supprised you got a "vet" discount though. Last I heard they only gave military to active. Carnival was the only one giving the military discount to vets. I will have to check into this Monday.

Have a great cruise:D

Archived