Waterfalls

chelegirly

Hey! We're leaving tomorrow for our cruise. How much will it be for a taxi for 4 to the waterfalls? If we tell them take us to the falls, will they know which one? Are there more than one? Will this be enough to do while we're there? Any shopping nearby? Thanks!

Hey! We're leaving tomorrow for our cruise. How much will it be for a taxi for 4 to the waterfalls? If we tell them take us to the falls, will they know which one? Are there more than one? Will this be enough to do while we're there? Any shopping nearby? Thanks!

I would take a guided tour to the falls, $35 per person, you don't want to be on your own. You can book on the pier in the terminal building. No shopping other than what is in the building on the pier. See comments in the post "need help in Santo Tomas".

• 2 weeks later...

We found a tour provider in the port shopping terminal - we went with the company with the first booth on the right. $35 pp and half price for children - this was less than half the price of the ship's tour to the same place. Our driver and tour guide drove us around the city and let us take some photos at the cemetery and stop at a gas station to get some sodas. We then went to the waterfalls and the guide told us about the various trees and plants as we walked to the falls. We were able to stay in the water as long as we wanted, and we got there when it wasn't too crowded. I recommend going a bit later in the morning - we left at 11:30 and most of the ship tours had already been to the falls, so it was perfect.

There are many tour operators in the terminal, and the prices are cheaper there than booking online with any of them. You can also find shopping tours, river tours, etc - so there's really no need to book in advance. Just bring enough cash to pay for the tours. A few companies take credit cards, but I think I'd feel better just paying in cash for the tours!

Hello,

I am going on the Spirit in January with my husband and 2DD age 9 and 4. Would you recommend this? Did you feel safe? Any pictures? Do you know the name of the company you used?

Thanks,

Misand:)

I would definitely recommend it. We felt safe at all times, and it was a really enjoyable day. We used the first tour booth to the right when you enter the terminal - they're right next to Happy Fish. Our tour guide was actually from Happy Fish, so you may want to just go with them if the prices are the same.

Hi

Did you take a van to the waterfalls? How long does it take there? You came back with the whole group of ten then? Do they mix you with others in a van if you are short of 10 people to fill it?

Eller

There were only 6 of us - my family of 4 and another couple. I'm not sure how long of a ride it is to the falls, because the guide was taking us to different spots to show us around - it didn't seem terribly long, though, and the drive back was even shorter. The guide walked with us to the falls and back, and told us about all the plants, trees, etc. She waited with us while we went into the water.

• 4 weeks later...
Did the cost of $35 include the transportation & into the waterfalls? How long would you say you were gone for total?? I want to be able to have time to do a bit of shopping etc. Thanks....

We were gone about 3 and a half hours, I believe. The terminal area has TONS of shopping, and you will have ample time for shopping before or after your tour.

The tour was picked up from one of the booths inside the terminal and I'll guess about 3.5 hours also.

Tour sizes can vary, but that one was about 7 or 8 people I believe.

There are only a few defined stops on the tours, so if you are on a small tour and see somewhere you want to stop, just let the tour guide know. If there is something specific you want on the tour ( e.g. a pharmacy or a beer stop), let them know that too.

• 1 month later...

OUCH! We took the NCL tour to the waterfalls! I cannot believe how overpriced -- we pd $70pp. We enjoyed the tour and relaxed in the

Gray Line bus enroute, but I should have researched this better! Glad

to know it now!

Joanne

Archived