Beer, cokes, carry-on? Wine packed on Princess?

SuMac

First time on Princess, but many on NCL.

Does Princess allow you to carry-on 12 packs of soft drinks or beer, and pack wine like NCL does?

Soft drinks yes. Beer, sometimes. Wine, they claim one bottle per person. Some have been able to take more on board.

I have found it depends on the port. Galvaston TX Did not allow anything to get on board. San Francisco I walked on with wine, and a 30 pack of Coors Light. In MOST cases, you can pack it correctly in your check in luggage and it will get through. So good luck.:rolleyes: IF they take it from you, they will give it back when you return TO THAT PORT....

I have found it depends on the port. Galvaston TX Did not allow anything to get on board. San Francisco I walked on with wine, and a 30 pack of Coors Light. In MOST cases, you can pack it correctly in your check in luggage and it will get through. So good luck.:rolleyes: IF they take it from you, they will give it back when you return TO THAT PORT....

That's odd. I have sailed out of Galveston and had a 24 pack of Coke Zero and a two little bottle of Carbonated water. No problems, no questions asked. In Belize, we were able to bring 2 six packs of beer back from port. This was our second port. No questions asked.

Maybe the day you sailed the person at the X-ray Machine was grumpy.

We boarded the Golden in San Pedro (near LA), and had one suitcase that was completely full of soft drinks. My daughter is diabetic, so rather than pay $1.75 plus 15% gratuity for a glass of ice with some diet soda squirted in it, we brought our own. I'd say we had 50 cans in there, it weighed a ton but the porter didn't seem to care after I tipped him.

It showed up to our room first, but unfortunately one of the cans had broken and leaked all over. Luckily it was all diet, so no sticky.

Thanks.

We usually pack a box o wine. Confuses the heck out of NCL - no corkage fee cuz there's no cork! Then we have carried on visable under your arm, a 12 pack of Fresca. Worth giving it a try then if others have gotten it on. We sail from San Juan, by the way.

We just returned and brought soda and several bottles in with us we had just purchased at Duty Free and no one ever said a word. no one has either our prvious cruises. Where you run into trouble is alcohol at your ports. But we buy soda at every port and have never had a problem.

just put in your luggage and you will be fine.

Archived