Anitgua/Filedelphia on our own...possible?

mringenoldus

We are taking the Princess "bus transportation only" tour from Puerto Quetzal to Antigua in January.

The coffe plantation website says it's very near Antigua. One site said there was a free shuttle to take you there from central Antigua....or perhaps there are taxis??

They have a 2PM tour of the plantation. I think our bus will leave Antigua for the return trip to port around 4:00PM.

Has anyone ever done this on their own?

• 3 months later...

I understand there are three active volcanoes surrounding Antiqua. They can be seen on the drive there from the port. Has anyone actually gone to get a closer look? I found a blog by some backpackers with pictures of them next to the small lava flow. They could actually put sticks right into the lava. I realize this is not going to be for everyone, but one of my life goals is to see an active volcano up close, and this just might be my chance. Any info on how close these are to Antiqua would be helpful. It might be that we wouldn't have time and I know my travel companions would not be hiking very much either. Thanks

Archived