Help Please - Scuba Virgin Gorda and St. Barts

docBarb

Hi,

Thanks everybody for the help you have given me in the past. I am asking again. We will be on a 12 day cruise in late Dec and I still haven't nailed down plans for Virgin Gorda or St. Barts. We have been to both before. Dived St. Barts in terrible currents (is the\is normal or was that a rare event?) and snorkeled the Baths in Virgin Gorda.

We would like to dive Virgin Gorda this time and are looking for a good operator. Any Ideas?

What about St. Barts - is the diving better than we experienced before? and if so who should be use?

Thanks again for all you help,

Barbara

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from a cruise on Seabourn, and dove on St. Bart's once again with Plongee Caribe.....my favorite people (and dive boat!) in all the islands. You can just put in that name in your search engine. They have a beautiful, wide, roomy catamaran and I love diving with them. Didn't notice currents at all, the diving was great. Tell Marion that Jane said hello!

Jane

Earlier this month we visited both Virgin Gorda and St. Bart's aboard the Azamara Quest and dove both spots. On Virgin Gorda we dove with Sunchaser Scuba (boat met us on the dock where we tendered), and at Gustavia, St Bart's we dove with Plongee-Caraibes (their boat is moored 100yds from the tender pier). Both locations have Divemaster leaders - making finding the boat at the end of the dive their responsibility. I would dive with either shop again.

Reds

• 2 weeks later...
Just came back from a cruise on Seabourn, and dove on St. Bart's once again with Plongee Caribe.....my favorite people (and dive boat!) in all the islands. You can just put in that name in your search engine. They have a beautiful, wide, roomy catamaran and I love diving with them. Didn't notice currents at all, the diving was great. Tell Marion that Jane said hello!Jane

Jane, I'm also looking for a dive op in St. Bart's for my cruise on the Royal Princess in April. The problem is that we're only scheduled to be in port from 9AM to 5PM. Can you tell me whether Plongee Caribe can accommodate that schedule? I emailed a couple of dive ops in St. Bart's about a month ago and didn't get any positive answers. Sadly, I can't find those responses any more and I'm not sure whether Plongee Caribe was among them, but I'm afraid it was.

Archived