Air temps on spring transatlantic out of Rio

scdreamer

We've just booked a cabin on the March 27 (2009) Insignia Transatlantic from Rio to Barcelona - of course it's a long way out, but half the fun for me is in the anticipation.

Does anyone have any idea what the weather might be at sea at that time of the year? I realize the ocean conditions are unpredictable, but I am wondering what the air temperatures over the water will be. I am crossing my fingers for "warm enough to enjoy lolling on the pool deck," but I know we'll have a great time no matter what :) - it's Oceania, after all!

We did a Mar 98 cruise, Buenos Aires to Barcelona, with en route stops Rio, Recife, Dakar, Funchal, Gibraltar, and Casablanca, on the late great Royal Princess.

We had shirt-sleeve pleasant weather and smooth seas all the way. It was our smoothest trans-Atlantic out of a half dozen or so.

That said, weather and ocean state is always a crap shoot! It can be smooth and pleasant one day, and next day you are into a full blown gale.

We are doing a Miami/Barcelona crossing 3-22-08 on Regatta, and are hoping for smooth seas.

Travel can be an adventure (and should be!).

Archived