Transfers to port from Airport costa rica

leeanninfla

I don't know Windstar's transfer cost, but do know that I used Coach Costa Rica and really liked them. Many other people on this board seem to have found this a good choice, too.

We are using Coach Costa Rica for transfers. It is $110 for a private van (there are 4 of us) from the Marriott Courtyard to Puerto Caldera. I was told that it is about a 2 hr trip and that the driver would stop for a short stop if we wanted to for pictures, bathrooms, food etc.

Haven't used them before but they seem to be highly recommended and I had very good vibes in my emails with their sales reps.

Will be glad to answer any other questions you have.

We are also using them for pre and post cruise tours.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know how much the transfers will be from The San Jose airport to Puerto Caldera cruise terminal in Costa Rica. Unfortunatly Windstar is closed today so I can not call them for that information.

As was mentioned above, the trip from the airport (or any hotel near there) to the ship will take about two hours. If your flight arrives real early in the morning you will be OK, but if it comes in after twelve you could be in for a real rush. You might consider staying a night in or near San Jose.

When we were there for a Panama Canal transit we actually took a taxi and negotiated a price of $80 for the two of us. Later, at the hotel we were told a typical price would be about $110. There are lots of cabs, so you can see there are options.

Archived