The Southernmost Scavenger Hunt

travel_mom_1

Thinking of booking the Classic Hunt with a group of friends. How much walking is involved? I have a few people that may have difficulty with long distances.

Also, I did a search and found a few reviews. Has anyone else done this? Would you recommend it? How big were the teams?

I contacted The Southernmost Scavenger Hunt to tell then we are ready to book and they have scheduled a different group for the day we will be in Key West and can not accomodate us. I am thinking of renting electric cars and putting together my own photo scavenger hunt for the group. Does anyone have any ideas about what to include in the hunt?

I contacted The Southernmost Scavenger Hunt to tell then we are ready to book and they have scheduled a different group for the day we will be in Key West and can not accomodate us. I am thinking of renting electric cars and putting together my own photo scavenger hunt for the group. Does anyone have any ideas about what to include in the hunt?

I'd include the Fun-Meter...

177520913-M-1.jpg

These are really basic, but I would say the 0-mile marker, the little store with all the colorful kites in the front yard, BO's Fish Wagon, Turtle Kraals turtle pen, the fisherman statue sitting on the bench near the Wrecker's Historium, the Southernmost House, the Southernmost Point marker, the shipwreck statue near El Meson de Pepe, the Lourdes-like grotto that is said to protect Key West from killer hurricanes, the historic Western Union schooner, the mortar in the grounds of Fort Zachary Taylor, the little red bi-plane that takes guests on Key West flyovers, the sunset, the wall mural in the alley behind a Front Street hotel, the statue/sign of Kevin's Key Lime Pie hut, Jimmy Buffet's recording studio, and no photo hunt would be complete without a photo of Sloppy Joe's. Oh, I also forgot Key West roosters, hens and chicks that run around free through all of Key West streets.

Just an FYI, I think the hunt my friends did in the electric cars was put together by the electric car rental place - they gave them the list of things to find or whatever (honestly, I don't know many details about it, just that they had a blast and my friend offered this excursion on at least two different cruises, if not more). They did it through ShoreTrips.

The scavenger hunt sounds like fun. Do you have to have a gorup of 12 to do it. We are only 4. Will they put us with another group? We would only want 1 car.

Thanks for the info. We were thinking about just hopping on the trolley and doing our own thing but this sounds so much better.

jerseygirl,

The have regularly scheduled hunts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday that you can join. The Classic Hunt starts at noon and the Best of the Bars hunt starts at 7:00pm. I'm not sure if you can opt for the electric car with these hunts or not.

If you have a group of 12 or more they can customize a hunt for you. Check out www.KeyWestHunt.com for more info.

I've posted before regarding the scavenger hunt, It's so much fun and I think one of the best things we've ever done in Key west. The clues are so interesting and unique. We've been back 4 times and have completed different hunts on three of the occasions. Although I'm sad to admit we haven't won yet!

You can read about it at http://www.keywesthunt.com

For anyone that has done it, did you find Pinky? LOL

Archived