bedding questions (again)

lovelyladi

I just read a review of the Journey and in it was the statement that there are still the old matresses on the beds. The brochures and web sites say "new european bedding " and I guess I assumed new matresses.....

Would anyone who has been on the Journey let me know if the bedding ahs been replaced? I sailed on the old R6 when it was Rennaissance and the Tahitian Princess and both had the old saggy hard as a rock matresses. I had to have egg crate pads placed on them....or we could not sleep.

I will be very disappointed when we board the ship on Dec 11 if there is old sagging bedding. Do I need to call and order an egg crate pad or two now?

Thanks for your reply...were you in a suite? We will be in a 1A (7080)room. The latest journey member review made a big deal about the beds being on order but not yet deliverd? Perhaps it is some of the rooms.

Any one else have any feedback?

We returned from the Journey last Friday. The bed was very good in fact the whole cruise was great...the staff & the food terrific (except perhaps for the regular fish). The suite was excellent but they did forget to change the flowers, and we didn't bother to remind them. In fact we would go again at the drop of a hat and although we didn't use all the butler services, the ones we did were good and effeicient. We thought the speciality restaurants were overated, because the food and choice were so good in the Discovery dining room, but they did make a change.

Hi Lovelyladi !

We were on Quest 6 weeks ago. The bedding was some of the best I have ever had on a Cruise ship, and was new. I am 99.9 % sure that all of the bedding is new on both Journey and Quest.

No need to worry about this. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks for your reply...were you in a suite? We will be in a 1A (7080)room. The latest journey member review made a big deal about the beds being on order but not yet deliverd? Perhaps it is some of the rooms.

No suite here. We were in an obstructed outside cabin and the beds were good.

Any one else have a different experience with the beds?

Yeah, we had some fantastic experiences with the beds!! :p

---uh--or maybe I misunderstood the question?

(Sorry--you left yourself wide open for that!) :D

But seriously, folks, we did think the beds were excellent. I don't know if the mattress set was new; it seemed that the foot end appeared a bit higher than the middle, though it didn't feel like it. However, the bedding (sheets, pillows, blankets, duvet) all appeared new and was very comfortable. You could tell by the amount of snoring emanating from our cabin, at night and sometimes in the middle of the day.

Archived