Day trip to Curacao\Bonaire

sbm22

Has anyone planned a trip from Aruba to Curacao or Bonaire for the day? Our group has been to Aruba many times and thought we may be able to do that instead. Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

I am eagerly looking for a reply also. We've been to Aruba three times, and although I really enjoy it, I would love to take a side trip to Bonaire or Curacao. We were in Curacoa about 15 months ago -- it was the highlight of my cruise. I've never experienced such wonderful snorkeling; there is a beautiful reef that we went to. We actually just started working on a land vacation for Curacao next year. I'd love to experience Bonaire also..

I just tried to go to aruba-bb.com and an error came up. Is that the correct site?

Also, for those who have been to Aruba, where are the best beaches and places to snorkel. We are also considering taking Jolly Pirates snorkel sail in Aruba, anyone been?

Also would appreciate the best beaches and places to snorkel in Curacao. We will be visiting both islands for the first time in January.

Thanks!

I'm not sure of the name of the snorkelling site, but last year we sailed on RCL Adventure of the Seas and booked an excursion through them for snorkelling in Curacao. All the lines probably do the same type of trip. We took a catamaran from the pier, about 30 minutes to the site. There was a small tugboat (I think) that was sunk that most people stayed by. But... there is a much more beautiful area if you don't mind venturing off from the crowd (and it really wasn't too crowded). With your back to the shoreline (a rocky area, not a beach), you'd want to go farther left than the sunken boat; the farther you go, the more beautiful. If you go far enough out from the shore area is drops off; I'm not real good with guessing, but I'd say it drops at least 150 feet. The water is so crystal clear you can see everything; this is the most beautiful, colorful, and alive reef I've ever seen.

Below is what others had advised:

Colorado Fred

Senior

Forget it. But if you insist, try Dutch Caribbean Airlines (800/327-7230), Royal Aruban Airlines (297/588-3300), and Avia Air (297/583-4600). Also, SEAruba dive shop offers overnight dive trips to Bonaire. Check the Aruba web sites.

13 09, 04 8:18

Applejack

Senior

I don't think it would be a good idea. We did a day trip to Curacao in February and our flight was delayed for two hours. We wound up rescheduling for another day. I don't think it would be worth taking the chance of your return flight being delayed or cancelled and then missing the boat....

Out of curiosity I went looking around the web. I read numerous complaints on the air lines that go back and forth between Aruba and Bonaire/Curacao.

The complaints were mostly about cancelled flights. This appeared to be very common.

I don't think this idea of going to Bonaire or Curacao will work.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived