I don't know where to start

tamster808

I am looking at getting married April 2009 on Royal Carribean (3 night cruise out of Port Canaveral)and have a ton of questions. I hate to bonbard everyone with all my questions but even if I get a few answered I will be grateful.

Is it too early to book? Most of our immediately family will be cruising with us. I am thinking atleast 40. I would like to give everyone plenty of notice.

Do you have to purchase a reception? What is included in the basic package? I want a very simple wedding, that is why I decided on a cruise. I am not worry about every last detail and just want to be married.

Any other advice?

Thanks for your time.

It's NEVER too early to book! You lock in low prices that way. If the price should drop, you can have your price adjusted or get an onboard credit for the difference. The sooner you book the better too because you are assured the date you want for your wedding. They can only do so many weddings per sailing.

You don't have to have a reception if you don't want to. I know someone here has more info on the packages than I do. I'm a Carnival bride using a private coordinator in Barbados so I'm not much help there! :)

Don't be worried about asking questions. That's what we're here for! Congratulations!

I agree about going ahead and booking as soon as you know when you want to go. I would hold off on having save the dates printed until you are about 1 year out (spread the word with friends/family, but don't pay for anything printed with the date) in case the cruise line makes any shift in schedules or ships.

We booked our wedding on Princess about 14 months out and ordered our stds a couple of weeks later. Then we got the call that Princess had decided to change the schedule for our ship and send it to Europe 2 weeks earlier than originally planned so our sailing was canceled. Luckily, we were able to have them hold off on printing the stds until we had everything sorted out with Princess (we used Invitation Consultants for the stds and they were really, really nice and helpful with this). In a matter of days we had switched everything to 2 weeks earlier. This doesn't happen often, and usually doesn't happen within a year of the sailing, but I know of at least one other on this board that had their sailing changed.

I would check with Royal Romance on the package specifics, including prices.

I would suggest starting with a travel agent. They will let you know what ships are sailing where and when...Once you get this information everything else will fall into place.

I am getting married on the Caribbean Princess on Jan 22. It has been so easy and stress free -- just what I wanted. TWE, the group who does the weddings for Princess, has been patient with my questions -- they haven't done a lot but I don't know that there is much to do. We will have 11 sailing guests with us and are just having dinner afterwards. I don't want the big reception -- right now I am thinking sitting in the hot tub that night sounds good!!

Good luck and have fun!!!

We booked a year and a half in advance with the Carnival Elation...everything was paid for ect...and then they moved the ship from fl to cali...so we had to start over...but we still had a year...we ended up with RCI Sov of the Seas...Kinda liked the wedding pac on elation beter..but oh well..from what I have heard the Sov is nice ship..

Diana

I'm getting married on RCCL's Explorer of the Seas - I didn't want a real reception, and thought the prices were ridiculous for a cruise where you've already paid for all your food, so we are paying for dinner that night for everyone at Portofino's, the specialty restaurant. This way we're getting a huge good meal, not just finger foods or something, and we have as long as we want, since we rented it out for the night. Directly after the ceremony we paid for a glass of champagne for everyone and for the cake.

The only thing that isn't great is that if you don't order a reception package through Royal Romance, then they only let you have 10 non-sailing guests attend the wedding as opposed to 75 if you have a reception. That's where they really getcha!

Good luck with everything! I am really happy so far with the whole process and glad I don't have to search for vendors and whatnot, this is so much less stressful in my opinion!

Thanks eveyone!

I am trying not to get too stressed out but it is just my nature. This is why I want a cruise wedding because I can't control everything. After all that is life!

The nice dinner is a great idea. I was thinking it was stupid to pay for a reception when all your food is included. But the nice dinner where you are not rushed I think is what appeals to me best.

Does anyone know what the basic package includes for RCCL?

I asked everyone to not give gifts..eventhough it is mostly just family coming...they make you pay some sort of tax for the present you get..just like when you buy something to bring back home...

Here is what I added to my invites..

Your presence at our weddingis gift enough. However, Royal Caribbean has asked us to inform our guests that any gifts brought onboard will be subject to duty fees in accordance with U.S. Customs regulations.

Diana

Emily- how much did it cost to rent out the speciality restaurant?

Hey Tam,

RCCL just charged us the amount they would have made if the restaurant was full - it fits 100 people, so $2,000. My TA was actually trying to fight them on that - they originally said only 85 or so people fit, and she said to her rep "You know if that 100 people showed up you would never be able to fit them" but they wouldn't budge on the price. Not a big deal, we were prepared to pay that anyways, since we'll probably have around 70 people, so it's worth it.

I'm really excited about it - of course none of our non-sailing guests will be able to come, but since we're only allowed to have 10 anyways, not a huge deal! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up!

I don't believe the 3-day ships out of Port Canaveral have the specialty restaurants.

Here's the website to RC's weddings.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/weddings/home.do;jsessionid=000022KOHOMKeAA6QfDBGLKlPix:12hbiocak

Consider a wedding website to keep family and friends informed of your plans.

Good luck,

Heidi

Archived