I'm so glad I brought it!

Anni_M

It's true, I'm more of a lurker than a poster. But I'm in the "picking up this and that here and there for the cruise" mode. (We cruise January 20 on the Pride)

I need to see your "Couldn't Cruise Without it" lists! (You know, the really helpful, glad you had it along kind of stuff)

I bought colapsable hampers a couple years ago - love them. Can't stand having clothes all over the place. I also recently bought the little single serving crystal light lemonade packets, the kind you dump in a bottle of water. It struck me after our last cruise that it's not just the eating that packs on the weight - it's the drinking. We are big lemonade drinkers anyway - but diet not sugar. Lastly is the Avon sunscreen - it's clear, and it's not the least bit greasy. I hate feeling slippery!

Ok - so tell me some more cool stuff I just MUST have!

Thanks!!:)

A~

For those who don't like Carnival's coffee, they make those same sized Crystal Lite packages with Folgers coffee in them. You can take those and mix them either with Carnival's coffee for a stronger cup or with hot water to make your own coffee. ;)

As far as "must have items" it would have to be all sizes of Zip lock baggies from the snack sized up to the jumbo size that you can carry 3 basketballs. We use them for shells, wet clothes, cameras, snacks, and liquor. We've given them to curious crew members and to people at the airport who needed them in a pinch. :)

Power strip

aerosol sunblock (not greasy, and sooo easy to apply I get Target Brand)

always use a carry on that can double as a beach bag.

pepto bismol, immodium, and acid reducer (all that rich food does a number on us)

Personal antibacterial wet wipes, individually wrapped great for keeping fresh, or giving a quick clean to a public toilet seat.

MAC

To save space, I would leave the collapsible hampers home and just put the dirty clothes back in the suitcase.

I always take different sizes of zip lock bags. I pack my underwear in them and squeeze out the air. They're also good for wet things.

Never needed the power strip, I don't use curling irons.

a little travel alarm clock.

Lots of $1 bills

A visor or hat

Sunglasses (don't leave them in the car)

Cell phone charger

super glue (good for cuts and broken eyeglasses)

portable water filter - I take a few bottles of water in my baggage and then refill as needed. I travel a lot for work, and the water filter stays in my luggage for those trips as well.

We drive to the port, and it's a challenge to get luggage for 4 people for a week in our Dodge Charger, so we can't carry things like a case of water or soda.

instead of a hamper I take a kitchen trash bag for dirty clothes and then just pack em in the suitcase at the end of the week.

I also take some handi wipes individual packs to keep with me that way I can wash my hands with them.... often bathrooms do not have paper towels and I never find the hand dryers do a good job. Plus in port they are great to have or in the buffet to wash hands before eating.

Lots of people say Duct Tape.......lol

I love my shoe organizer. Mine hangs very well on a hanger in the closet and holds all of those things that end up on a table, like sunscreen, sunglasses, camera, etc. It takes up almost no room in the suitcase and makes it so that our cabin doesn't look like we've lived in it for a year after only a couple of days :D

For those who don't like Carnival's coffee, they make those same sized Crystal Lite packages with Folgers coffee in them. You can take those and mix them either with Carnival's coffee for a stronger cup or with hot water to make your own coffee. ;)

Darn...I find their coffee pretty strong...LOL..but that's how I like it...heheh

But thats a great idea.

portable water filter - I take a few bottles of water in my baggage and then refill as needed. I travel a lot for work, and the water filter stays in my luggage for those trips as well.

The water on the ship is purified already.:D:cool:

I saw sunglasses mentioned above but not reading glasses. I had a panic moment prior to my last cruise -- got to Galveston and found out that, despite the fact that I normally have a pair of reading glasses in my purse, my computer bag, carry on bag, suitcase, my car and every room in my house, I made it Galveston without a single pair of reading glasses anywhere. I don't know how I managed that! Luckily, I was able to make a quick trip to WalMart and bought a couple more pairs. I can see everything else perfectly (thanks to Lasik) but can't read crap without my reading glasses so I would have missed the CAPERS and everything. I couldn't even read the menu at the cafe -- I had to have my Mom read it to me.

Redundancy is everything and still fails occasionally.:o

Laundry soap, just a small travel bottle. With a family of five and two cabins the collapsible laundry basket is a life safer and yes I actually do laundry on the ship! It cuts down on amount of clothes you need to pack and lets face it at home we normally wear our favorite jeans more then once a week. I really appreciate coming home and unpacking clean clothes, not having to do ten loads of laundry. Love the individual crystal light packages and different flavors of teabags. No matter what, if we forget something there is always a Walmart at one of the ports!;)

Hi there -

Valuable items for us are:

A powerstrip to charge the batteries of cameras, cell phones, etc.

A small first aid kit with asprin, immodium, dramamine, and bandaids

Small flashlight

Ziplock bags

Waterproof wallet

Going in February on the Legend and already making my packing list. I am going to add the colapsible laundry basket - great idea!

1 thing I can NOT cruise without, is a waterproof cigarette case, for swimming, not for smokes but charge card, sign & sail, copy of passport and money, works fantastic.

Kidless... that is a beautiful video link in your signature. Someone is very talented glad I checked it out.

I am going on the Ecstasy in 4 days and loved hearing all these great ideas for things to take. I just thought of one myself…… I am going to get one of those little sink caddy’s with the suction cups to put in the shower. There is never enough room in there to hold all the needed toiletries. I figured I would just “stick” above the knobs and call it good!

Something I have always carried is alcohol. Rubbing kind all you old sots out there! For your ears after swimming/day at the beach. For years now we just take alcohol pads and you can squeeze them and get enough out for your ears.

Woolite to wash out swimwear in the sink to avoid the "soured" smell that comes from the salt water after a few days.

We have found that the Clorox spray sanitizer in the pump is much smaller than a spray can of lysol. Did the lysol for years, nothing against it, just time to move on.

The cigarette box the gentleman was referring to earlier is known as a "Witz" box. They are good for when you are in the ocean.

We have Lands End beach bags that have waterproof compartments that we keep everything in and then clothes/towels/etc. in the other larger compartment. They can then be worn on your back or carried by the straps. I don't think they have sold these in several years, actually I know they haven't but there are probably some knock-off's of them. About every 3 or 4 cruises we throw ours in the washer and good to go again. We have used them at least on 12 cruises and multiple beach trips and they are indestructible.

Good Luck!

Archived