anyone with experience renting a car for a day in Grenada?

islandgrandma

Hi there- anyone ever rented a car for the dar in Grenada? Are there car rental places near where Galaxy will be docked? Thanks for any help- BW

I can't imagine! The roads are narrow, there are few lights and barely no signs.

Good Luck!

I can't imagine! The roads are narrow, there are few lights and barely no signs.

Good Luck!

Agreed. Rent a car, instead of hiring a taxi, only if you are comfortable driving on the left on roads that are twisty and have great changes in altitude, and are barely wide enough for two cars to pass each other with ouut three inches to spare.

Actually, we have lived in Antigua for 33 years so we are familiar with goats and cows in the roads , deep pot holes and defensive driving in a third world country. We were last in Grenada 29 years ago so we know it is mountainous. So thought we might try it ourselves. Anyone with advise on how much a taxi for 6 of us might cost for 3-4 hours? I welcome any input. Thanks- BW

• 4 weeks later...
I rented a car in 2005 and would not do it again because of the hassle of getting the temporary drivers license at the Police station and the roads are not marked well, we kept getting lost.

I am puzzled as to why you had to go to the police station as if you were hiring a car from a reputable hire company all you would have to have done is shown them your licence and they would have issued a temporary licence.

True the roads are not marked well but if you are lost a friendly smile and a polite request for directions will put you back on course.

Archived