Paradise Point

loops

DH and I did the Skyride at Paradise Point last month while on a Carnival Glory cruise. It was $19. per person - did it on our own - and personally I thought it was overpriced. At the top there is a cafe, a few little shops - nothing special, and a women who does a tropical bird show for tips.

Blondie

You get an awesome view of your ship in the harbor. There are some gift shops on the top and you can stay as long as you like.

They are famous for the Baileys Bushwacker! If you go up there you must have one at the little cafe. :p Yumm-o!!!

What there to do up there???? Is it worth doing??

If I were you, I would get a taxi ride up to Mountain top instead of Paradise Point. The view is much better, IMO, and it is the highest point on the island. Here's a picture from Mountain top, taken a couple of weeks ago:

n500425475_639375_2852.jpg

They also have their "world famous" banana daquiris... we didn't try them, but a couple of people on our tour did and they said they were awesome.

Is there food on Montain Top if so what kind?:confused:

Hand Up

We didn't stay long since we were on a tour, so I am not sure what the bar offers. There were hotdogs and convenience store type snacks below the bar near the lookout. DH bought some peanut m&m's and a bottle of water for about $3. Sorry I am not much help in this area :(

We didn't stay long since we were on a tour, so I am not sure what the bar offers. There were hotdogs and convenience store type snacks below the bar near the lookout. DH bought some peanut m&m's and a bottle of water for about $3. Sorry I am not much help in this area :(

What tour were you on? What other stops did you make? How long were you at the mountain top? Still trying to decide how to make the most of our stop in St. Thomas on our first cruise.

thanks

What tour were you on? What other stops did you make? How long were you at the mountain top? Still trying to decide how to make the most of our stop in St. Thomas on our first cruise.

thanks

We did a private tour with Godfrey. It was AWESOME. It was $25 pp. He picks you up at the pier, and brings you downtown (Charlotte Amalie) for 2 hours of shopping (we just used the time to meander around the downtown area and take pictures), then takes you for a 2 hour tour of the entire island, then drops you off at your beach of choice (Maegans, Coki or Saphire... we chose Saphire) and brings you back to the ship when you are done. The tour was one of the best we have ever done. Godfrey is extremely nice and very knowledgeable of the island. He stopped for several photo opportunities along the way. You'll get some GORGEOUS pics! Here's a link of my review, along with comments from others, as well as some pics I took on the tour: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=544641

Here's Godfrey's website, where you can make a reservation:

http://godfreytoursvi.com/

Just realized you asked how long we were on Mountain Top. We were there for about 10-15 minutes. There really isn't a whole lot to do there though. I didn't feel rushed. I was able to get a bunch of pictures. Godfrey talks for a bit about different island facts. You don't really have to listen if it doesn't interest you, but need to keep an eye on him so you know how long you have there, etc. ALso, he keeps any valuables you may have on your person in the front cab of his open air truck. The front part (where he drives) is closed in, and he keeps an eye on it at all times. I liked this part of his tour, because we travel with expensive camera equipment and I wanted to ensure it was safe if we weren't using it.

What there to do up there???? Is it worth doing??

Awesome views - been up there twice - will never go again. Just make sure you don't see a Thunder Storm coming in....or you maybe praying for your life as you are stuck 150 ft in the air and the cable car is blowing in the wind, rain, and lighting is popping all around you.

Archived