Need help from RCCL savvy CC member

OMG, my sister and I booked a cruise on Independence of the Seas for August 9 2008. Turns out our husbands want to go too. Not a problem except we only have 1 owners suite reserved and everything with a balcony says n/a on that date. Any ideas on what I might do to get a suite should one become available? How and who would I contact to do this. I am assuming that once final payment is due some might open up. Is there someone at RCCL I can contact to put me on a list for an Owners suite or grand suite suite should someone decide to cancel their reservation in those rooms?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

OMG, my sister and I booked a cruise on Independence of the Seas for August 9 2008. Turns out our husbands want to go too. Not a problem except we only have 1 owners suite reserved and everything with a balcony says n/a on that date. Any ideas on what I might do to get a suite should one become available? How and who would I contact to do this. I am assuming that once final payment is due some might open up. Is there someone at RCCL I can contact to put me on a list for an Owners suite or grand suite suite should someone decide to cancel their reservation in those rooms?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

Just put your husbands on the balcony...it's what I do to mine! Kidding...kinda. Trust me plenty will change between now and then. People will cancel, rooms will drop after final payment is due. I checked every day or so to get moved up. I got 3 room changes in one week. If you booked through RCCL just call your TA and she can keep a look out for you. If all else fails you can all 4 share a room...just think of it as a slumber party...without the slumber or the party....:D

I just looked in Cruising Power (the TA booking website) and it shows plenty of balcony cabins available - E-2 up to D-1. It's the JS & up categories that are booked. If you booked with a TA, he or she should be able to get you one of those cabins and waitlist you for a JS or higher. If you booked directly with RCI you can do the same thing. In either case, keep checking to see if a suite has opened up - sometimes one will become available but not automatically be assigned.

Good luck!

I suggest that you keep looking as one may open up at anytime and from experience RCI doesn't always move you to one if you're on the waiting list.

Great advice...RCI is not known for honoring the wait list. Book a second cabin & then upgrade as soon as something opens up (& it will). Good Luck & Happy Cruising!

Thanks everyone for the help. So far I haven't been successful in even getting someone on the phone at RCCL to actually look at reservations to see if anyone dropped their room reservations. Seems the ones I have reached on the phone simply look it up online like I have. I know they don't update their website every time someone cancels that would be a waste of time IMO.

Does anyone have someone they use at RCCL and are happy with that might be able to help me with this? If so, feel free to email me at CNNhost@comcast.net Again, all ideas are greatly appreciated!!

Actually, released cabins go back into inventory almost immediately - it's all done by computer. The customer service reps only have access to available cabins, so if they are telling you that none are available, then none are available. Book a balcony cabin, put yourself on a waitlist for a full suite (I'd do a GS because there are more of them and I'm not sure you can WL more than one category) and keep checking the website. If one becomes available, you will know as soon as they do.

We are sailing on Independence of the Seas in a JS. I called C&A to waitlist a GS or OS and was told you can only waitlist for one category. I chose GS for the reason stated above. I will also keep checking the website myself.

Archived