Diving without a certification?

travgurl

Any PADI dive shop will have discovery dives, you will do a little class room, maybe a little pool and a beach dive to 30' with a dive master, a wonderful experience. You do not need a ship's shore excursion for this. The cost is between $75 and $100pp, well worht it. Go to http://www.padi.com and go to Cozumel

Just a clarification for the previous post who said "you cannot do a dive without a certification. They always check."

The Discover Scuba program is offered through PADI. It is a dive for beginners who are not certified. It's a great way to experience scuba diving without a full certification- but it does not mean they just give you the equipment and toss you in the water. You will get some basic training/education on land, and you do get to do 1 or 2 shallow dives.

I highly recommend it. I'm not certified, but after doing the excursion in Hawaii, I plan to get certified.

Just a clarification for the previous post who said "you cannot do a dive without a certification. They always check."

The Discover Scuba program is offered through PADI. It is a dive for beginners who are not certified. It's a great way to experience scuba diving without a full certification- but it does not mean they just give you the equipment and toss you in the water. You will get some basic training/education on land, and you do get to do 1 or 2 shallow dives.

I highly recommend it. I'm not certified, but after doing the excursion in Hawaii, I plan to get certified.

Absolutley, I was not very clear. The discovery dive or resort course, no certification is need.

Has anyone done the one/two tank dives for beginners through Eagle Ray?

Discovery dives for begginers are only one tank snd usually no more then 30' deep.

Archived