8:15 am flight

Sass4

My sister's flight leaves out of Miami at 8:15am! I told her there is no way she will make that flight. She says that the PVP told her the ship arrives back in Port of Miami around 6 am so she has plenty of time.

Has anyone flown out that early?

ETA to actual touching the pier after docking, having all Green Cards checked with customs and dealing with debarking with VIP, Early birds flights etc is 8am. Her flight leaves at 8:15am that means the plane starts boarding at 7:45am. PVP made a bad call assuming the ship will be in port a 6am.

OH, I forgot to mention the security check points you have to go through, if you panic there because of the time restraints they will surely pull you over to Secondary to get checked.

Its obvious that this PVP is very new and never cruised, contact Carnival asap and ask to speak to a Supervisor.

Fred

While it's crazy to book an 8:15am flight, there is a slight chance she can make it. I was in the airport and checked in by 8:00am after my last cruise on the Valor, and was able to go standby on an 8:30 flight.

With that said, the chances are still slim that you make it.

While it's crazy to book an 8:15am flight, there is a slight chance she can make it. I was in the airport and checked in by 8:00am after my last cruise on the Valor, and was able to go standby on an 8:30 flight.

With that said, the chances are still slim that you make it.

That is true if everything goes well. Good 1% chance if you are placing bets in Vegas.

Fred

By the way, last year we had a member ask the same question about making a 8:30am flight, we all told her heck no also and she did changed her flight. After it was all over she came back and told us we give her bad advice and was very upset with all of us because she could of made that flight.

So I say to the OP, if you are a risk taker, go for it. :D

Fred

OMG I can not see it happening. I hate Miami airport. That place is not organized at all. She better pay to have her luggage taken to the airport and she needs to print her boarding pass the day before debarkment. But I still can not see her catching that flight.

Let me put it this way if my memory is still there. We started to debarked the Valor around 6:45am using Self Disembarkation. We made it to the pier at 7am and boarded the Bus. This bus made it to the Airport at 8am because having to onload all of the luggage, having to wait to fill the bus up and then once at the Airport having to offload all of the luggage before you can leave the bus. Then we had to go through 2 Security Check points and long lines at the ticket counter. I think we made it to our gate at around 9:30am or 10. Even if you take a Cab you will hit long lines at the ticket counter and or the security check points etc.

Fred

My sister's flight leaves out of Miami at 8:15am! I told her there is no way she will make that flight. She says that the PVP told her the ship arrives back in Port of Miami around 6 am so she has plenty of time.

I say she has no chance..... BUT

if she changes it she will get out in time to make it and if she doesn't change it she'll miss it - that's my life at least :)

after reading some many similar thread s in the past..i ve now decide d

to fly out in the PM..

there are too though the odd s are on your side for late AM flight s

*close to noon*..there s still too many varible s that can cause

someone to run late..

........my guess is that she will have plenty of time at the airport waiting to get the next flight............after she misses the 8:15 flight.....;)

.......and.........I have had the experience which she needs to consider.............is that airlines can not take your bags with in 45 minutes or less of departure......as they can not get them loaded after that.

She has to get her bags checked before 7:30......or they can not let her board the flight.....;)

On our Liberty cruise last month the inspectors took longer than expected to clear the ship. We were first in line to get off and we were walking down the ramp into customs at 9.40am.

I'll place a bet that there's no way she'll make this

She will NOT make that flight. The VIP debarkation people are usually told to meet in the lounge at 8:30am!!!! The plane will begin boarding at 8am, and she is supposed to check in one hour early, at 7:30am. Forget about checking in her luggage, then going through security.

Seriously, there is NO WAY. None. Even if the ship was cleared by 7am, she was the first off (which I can't see happening), she still needs to get to the airport, check her bags, go through security, and be boarding by 8am.

Ugh. Tell her she needs to change it.

Well, I would never tell anyone to book a flight that departs before noon, but having said that, last year after my Victory cruise, I was on a flight at 8:30am! I'm an airline employee, so I travel standby, and since we got off the ship so early, had no bags to check and the timing was perfect, we decided to give it a shot and it worked. Usually after a cruise, we spend an extra night in the port city.

Again, it's really not a good idea to book a flight that departs before noon. Most of the time you cannot count on getting off the ship that early.

I'm an airline employee, so I travel standby, and since we got off the ship so early, had no bags to check and the timing was perfect, we decided to give it a shot and it worked.

Do you also fly non-rev to the ship? If so....that takes guts!

We can fly non-rev but are afraid to...might not get a flight and miss the ship. Don't want to take the chance since they always seem to fly full anymore.

Do you also fly non-rev to the ship? If so....that takes guts!

We can fly non-rev but are afraid to...might not get a flight and miss the ship. Don't want to take the chance since they always seem to fly full anymore.

I've done both - bought tickets and non-revved. That time I actually had bought round trip tickets and was going to spend the night in Miami, but we got off the ship so early that morning and decided to give it a try. When I non-rev, I plan accordingly and have plenty of time and back-ups LOL!

Archived