Rental car parking near ports in Maui and Kauai

skogler

There is a parking lot along a seawall near the port in Kahului (Maui). We had no problem parking there at all - we were also back at the ship by 7:00 PM. If you are really late coming back to the ship, I don't know how the parking situation is.

At the port on Kauai, there is a little shopping center right by the pier. You can't miss it. They rent mopeds in front. Anyway, after you get your car, stop by there (it is only a five minute drive from the rental places), go in the front door, and there is a little shop on the right where you can pay $10 for your overnight parking. It is a fairly small lot, so if you go over there first thing, you'll have no problem. They'll give you a little ticket to put on your dash and when you come back that night, the security guard will only let those with tickets park there. It is well worth the $10. It is a short walk from there to the ship.

hawaiilvr,

Thanks for the tip. Did you drive to see the sunrise in Maui? I am torn between a tour and taking the car.

Scott

I don't get up at 3:00 AM on vacation unless the place is on fire!

We drove to the top, but not until 10:00 AM. Traffic wasn't bad, and we loved the upcountry area of Maui. The rolling hills are just beautiful. It is nice and cool, and tropical flowers grow everywhere. The town of Kula would be a great town to live in if you had the $$.

Archived