queen victoria now enterring the solent on webcam...

roscoe39

Karie - Surprised that you should judge a book by the cover ??

QUOTE]

Maybe we should just accept that the days of beautiful cruise ships have gone for good. This one looks much the same as any other of the new arrivals and QM2 would not win any beauty contest.

David.

Karie - Surprised that you should judge a book by the cover ??

QUOTE]

Maybe we should just accept that the days of beautiful cruise ships have gone for good. This one looks much the same as any other of the new arrivals and QM2 would not win any beauty contest.

David.

That might be a quote from the 1960's too ;)

Vic,

that was my term (less-than Cunard-like) but you can read what Patsy wrote yourself. And listen to the horn on someone's thread.

What she stated was the first time she blew it, there was no response! (from the Shieldhall, I believe) Which is rather strange!

Well, read what Patsy wrote.

From the clip someone posted of it, it sure didn't sound anywhere NEAR what QM2 and QE2 hors sound like!

Of course, I am not there, and sound waves can travel in odd manners, so who knows!

Karie

In the past Patsy has revealed less than enthusiasm for QV (refers to her as the Vista clone) on other sites and it is an amazing volte-face that she actually took these photos in the first place. I wouldn't take anything she writes as gospel. From what I have heard QV has a deep, interesting double-barrelled horn with two tones going on at the same time. Ken

If you had checked Patsy's website you will see she had every intention of seeing QV arrive, it has been listed in the stalking section since the beginning of the year. She merely said she has no intention of sailing her.

Other comments received from friends state QV's horn is deeper than Aurora's but nothing like the strength or tone of either QE2 or QM2. Aurora's horn could be heard across the water far louder than QV's. Patsy also said QV's horns sound like "echoing bagpipes" but deeper.

Interesting photos. I was at Town Quay yesterday and surprised the horn wasn't how it comes out on videos. I saw the YouTube one of her leaving Venice and it sounded nothing like that. The write-up Patsy wrote was spot on. Going by the YouTube video I was expecting a cross between QE2's loud, deep sound and QM2's but it wasn't anything like that to human ears. I could barely hear it myself until she was passing Aurora. Arcadia's is actually louder and we know she was originally meant to be Queen Victoria. Onboard is bound to be different but it doesn't carry like QE2, QM2 and even Arcadia's horns do. Anyone who wasn't there yesterday should hear it from the shore for themselves then you'll see what I mean.

If you had checked Patsy's website you will see she had every intention of seeing QV arrive, it has been listed in the stalking section since the beginning of the year. She merely said she has no intention of sailing her..

Not really interested in checking out her site - She has said a lot more on 'Cruise Talk' over the past year, which doesn't really bear repeating here.

I could barely hear it myself until she was passing Aurora. Arcadia's is actually louder and we know she was originally meant to be Queen Victoria. Onboard is bound to be different but it doesn't carry like QE2, QM2 and even Arcadia's horns do. Anyone who wasn't there yesterday should hear it from the shore for themselves then you'll see what I mean..

Does this really effect the product ?? Are people running out of things to knock ???

Not really interested in checking out her site - She has said a lot more on 'Cruise Talk' over the past year, which doesn't really bear repeating here.

Fine if you don't wish to, just don't make comments which are not correct then.

Does this really effect the product ?? Are people running out of things to knock ???

The quote you attributed to me was not mine. To some it is important, but to others not. To some who are perhaps blinded by the name 'Cunard' it would make no difference if a 'Queen' was an old rust bucket, they would love it all the same.

Archived