Transfer or Taxi?

WinnieinWA

DD and I arrive Sat. in Miami for a Sun. cruise. We're staying the night at an airport hote. Can anyone tell me what kind of taxi fare from an airport hotel to the ship might be? What are the pros and cons of using taxi vs. transfer? A taxi is sounding so much easier.

I had originally thought we'd have the hotel take us back to the airport on Sun. for the transfer but wouldn't we have to go through security again to get to the baggage claim where the transfer is? I'm confused.:o

Any help or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Winnie

The port is not that far from the airport, probably 20 minutes or so, and as I recall, around twenty five or thrity dollars including tip. If your luggage isn't too much of an issue and will fit in a regular passenger car, the taxi would be my first choice. Leave when you want, no crowds trying to get their bags from under the bus, waiting until the bus fills up, just get in the taxi and go!;)

DD and I arrive Sat. in Miami for a Sun. cruise. We're staying the night at an airport hote. Can anyone tell me what kind of taxi fare from an airport hotel to the ship might be? What are the pros and cons of using taxi vs. transfer? A taxi is sounding so much easier.

I had originally thought we'd have the hotel take us back to the airport on Sun. for the transfer but wouldn't we have to go through security again to get to the baggage claim where the transfer is? I'm confused.:o

Any help or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Winnie

The last time we stayed in Miami at an airport hotel, we were able to use the courtesy shuttle from the airport to the cruise port since we had rented a car to see a bit of Miami. As I recall, it left from the HERTZ rent-a-car return area. It was easy -- we just went there to return the rental car and got on the shuttle bus.

Anyone else done this lately? Can you advise?

Worth a try -- and you can always have in mind taking a taxi as a back-up plan. We did, but never had to use the taxi.

If you go back to the airport to the baggage claim area -- you should NOT have to go through security again. Only departing passengers go through security. You will meet the transfer people OUTSIDE (just after) the BAGGAGE CLAIM area. When you go back to the airport on the hotel shuttle bus, tell the driver you want to go to ARRIVALS (not DEPARTURES). Then look for the NCL agent in the arrivals area (OUTSIDE baggage claim). If you miss them or cannot find them, go outside and take a taxi to the cruise port.

We did a local hotel shuttle to get to the pier. On the way back, we did a cab and it was $25 + tip (I'm guessing may be a bit higher now with fuel costs - dare I even mention that word here;) ). It was pretty simple and quick.

I don't understand the screening issue with the other transfer but I do not know for sure - doesn't make sense to me.

Archived