Queen Victoria registered in NASSAU!?

mtbny7

Thank you to all have posted photos today, Dec 7th. They're great!

I can't recall who posted a particular one of Queen Victoria's stern, but I was shocked to see her home as NASSAU, right there in big white letters on the stern.

What on earth? I was well aware that QV was not a "real liner" but I thought for sure as a new, very high-end Cunard ship she'd be registered in Southampton. Good grief!

-Michael

Ahh, well, we'll just have to enjoy the remaining trips on QE2 while we can, right?

You did notice that returning on QM2 isn't an option any longer, yes? Looks like we'll be doing the land tour like you....

Happy holidays!

Andrew

They just haven't changed it yet. While under construction, the ship belongs to the yard shes being built in.

The QV's builders registered her in Nassau. If you can find the picture, there was a close-up of the registry. Southampton is welded onto the stern, but it is painted over in black, and Nassau is painted in white.

I'm thinking that Cunard is having it re-painted while she is in port between now and Teusday.

Hi Michael,

Don't know if that's the case or not. As far as I was aware the stern should now say Southampton. Something to do with Nassau being what it had as a temporary lettering in her earlier stages. No doubt real ship buffs will tell you the correct story!.

Still think she looks good. There's something about the Cunard colours that makes their ships stand out as being a cut above. Can't wait to get on board in a couple of weeks time to see for ourselves!!

Del.

Archived