Waffle Eating Contest

Texed

Hi Texed,

I've never had waffles on Celebrity, I can see I am missing something..... So, what would you recommend for my first waffle initiation? (can't do syrups as I am diabetic):D

They normally have blueberries, strawberries, mixed berries,whipped cream, etc. available next to the waffles. YUM!

Texed, er I mean Mr. Waffle, Now that dip and stuff is an option, no silverware needed, I think you may get a few more contestants. NOW for the big question, Is it going to be formal, informal, or casual dress??? It could be held on the first sea day.(just in case they would run out of waffle making ingredients later in the cruise.) We have to have some rules here. Do you get extra points for eating toppings? What about washing waffles down with coffee.Is that allowed ? Now for the big question, What if you just want a waffle for breakfast during the contest, but do not want to enter? How about entry fees? You have to have a big payday for the winner. Gosh, at least enough for a roll of Tums...:D

I hope we meet soon, check my signature!

Cheers -Floris

Floris,

It looks as though we are on the same B2B on Solstice. Come join our roll calls and maybe we can set up the waffle eating. :D

Texed:

I've been reading your posts for a while now about these waffles. I can usually take them or leave them, but after everything you've been saying about them I can't wait to try them!!!!! There's nineteen of us going on this family reunion cruise and I've been e-mailing them copies of the waffles thread so I think they're already for them too. It actually caused a fight between my nephew and his wife becuase he e-mailed me that his wife's a** got huge when she was pregnant from eating waffles:o . So all I can say is bring on the waffles!!!!!

There is something about the Celebrity's waffles. I did not discover them until I went on our second cruise and I am here to tell you that they can harm your waist line and other areas of your body if you get hooked. They are the best. They come with a selection of various toppings and they are divine. I thought I was the only one who loved them but I was so delighted when I saw that others felt the same as I did about these delicious waffles

They normally have blueberries, strawberries, mixed berries,whipped cream, etc. available next to the waffles. YUM!

Well, after a few liquid libations, I might have to reveal a deep, dark secret.

(Inner voice) Oooh, nooo, Les; keep your mouth shut!

(Me) Nope, it's time to be told.

(Inner voice) Keep it a secret!

(ME) NO!

(Inner voice) It will never be the same.

(Me) Go to the ice cream station and get a cupful of chopped pecans. Take them to the waffle station in the morning and ask the chef to sprinkle them into the moist batter once he puts it into the waffle maker. Oh no, I've just revealed one of the best-kept secrets :eek: of waffle making. Pecan waffles!

Loose lips sink ships!!!

Les

Well, after a few liquid libations, I might have to reveal a deep, dark secret.

(Inner voice) Oooh, nooo, Les; keep your mouth shut!

(Me) Nope, it's time to be told.

(Inner voice) Keep it a secret!

(ME) NO!

(Inner voice) It will never be the same.

(Me) Go to the ice cream station and get a cupful of chopped pecans. Take them to the waffle station in the morning and ask the chef to sprinkle them into the moist batter once he puts it into the waffle maker. Oh no, I've just revealed one of the best-kept secrets :eek: of waffle making. Pecan waffles!

Loose lips sink ships!!!

Les

Hey Texed, sounds like Les could possibly add WAFFLEOLOGIST to his resume'. Don't know if you passed waffle 101 Les, but style points may enable you to simply test out of 101. Now if we can get Celebrity to just have that pecan waffle to order;) .

Barry

NO!!!!!:eek: Hot dog!:) Tell us all Ed. I'm drooling.:p :D :D

Garry

Garry, I can't believe you haven't tried them. They are made from the same batter as the waffles. They can fix them with blueberries also. YUM!

[quote name='Lbackwith']..... So, what would you recommend for my first waffle initiation? (can't do syrups as I am diabetic).....[/quote]
They do have the little containers of sugar-free syrup. It sort of tastes like maple syrup. :rolleyes: Of course, ordering a waffle and then asking for sugar-free syrup is sort of like closing the barn door after the horse escapes. :o
Les

[quote name='gkm']Ed, where is the pancake station? I definitely want to try them on the Connie next September! Garry[/quote]

[B][COLOR=darkred]Don't tell anyone, but on Millennium, they were right next to the waffles. :) [/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='gkm']Ed, I'm on the east coast which means that in less than 30 minutes, you'll be [COLOR=red][B]9 days and a wake-up[/B][/COLOR] away from your cruise to Australia.:D :D :D Garry[/quote]

[B][COLOR=darkred]Thanks for reminding me Garry. I wasn't aware it was so close---NOT! :D [/COLOR][/B]

Hmmm, if we're not together when we do the contest, should we have notarized witnesses? Not that I think anyone would actually cheat. :eek:
6 weeks from next Mon. till my next X waffle! Texed will beat me by a month or so, but same itin. I'll be looking here for results, lol.

[quote name='Kathie44']6 weeks from next Mon. till my next X waffle! Texed will beat me by a month or so, but same itin. I'll be looking here for results, lol.[/quote]

[B][COLOR=darkred]9 days until I leave for a " practice" run on the waffles. :D [/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Texed'][B][COLOR=darkred]9 days until I leave for a " practice" run on the waffles. :D [/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Is this the same as asking, "How do I get to Carneigie Hall?....Practice, practice, practice".

You're going to have to define whether this contest is for amateurs or pros...

Karyn

[quote name='Texed'][B][COLOR=darkred]9 days until I leave for a " practice" run on the waffles. :D [/COLOR][/B][/quote]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]Don't forget to wear your patch (proudly).:D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
[IMG]http://www.birdhouse.org/blog/images/waffle_assn.jpg[/IMG]

Archived