The 'D' Acronyms...

CanadianTwosome

I'm not much of an acronym user when I type - I tend to say 'daughter', 'husband', and 'ha ha ha' rather than DD, DH, and LOL...

What I'd like to know, is what does the 'D' stand for? I've come up with a few 'D' words that might describe my daughter...

Darling

Dear

Delightful

Devilish (on occasion)

Dizzy (also on occasion :p )

Dancing

Dreaming

Dirty (oh, spring, when the playground is like a big mudbath... :rolleyes: )

*all of these apply at least some of the time...

or perhaps it means 'designated', as in designated hitter? ha ha ha

I can also think of some 'D' words for my husband...

Most of the above

Dependable

*bleep* (I actually can't think of any words that I would have to bleep, but I thought it would be funny... use your imagination! :p )

So... can anyone tell me? I wonder about it every time I see it!!

I think the "D" is usually "dear" or "darling," but especially when referring to husbands, I think the D sometimes can be "damned.";)

Ha ha ha ha ha I thought of that one, too!

I guess part of the beauty of an acronym like that is that it can mean 'Darling' one day and 'Damned' the next!! :p

Great thread.....the D in DH or DS or DD is totally interchangable depending on the day, the mood, the person and how much chocolate you have hidden away......

Darling, Dear, Damn all have been used for my husband and sons and daughter many times ;)

I just say "girl" and "hubby." What's really funny is that hubby and I both refer to our daughter as "girl." As in "I hope the girl had a good day at school.":D

for reasons I've never understood -- from the day she was born DD was "duff" (or duffi or duffins). DH and I refer to her as "the Duff". So I'm not certain what the first "d" might stand for, but in my case the second stands for "Duff" -- She's usually a "darling", but sometimes might be a GD "Gosh darned"!

That's cute. I've always used 'sweet' words for mine... Sweetie, Sugar, Honey... When she was quite small, I used 'Sweetie' a lot (still do, actually), and when a friend of mine came over one day with her daughter, mine turned to me and asked 'What's her Sweetie's name?' :) It was soooooooo cute!! That was a 'delightful' day!

Archived