Best Cabins On Spirit Class?

DarthGrady

For an Alaska cruise if I was to book an aft balcony, I'd probably look to get one on at least the Empress deck if not higher to minimize the vibration. You're not laying out sunbathing on an Alaska cruise so there's no need to worry about the privacy you'd get with the overhang on the aft balcony on deck 4.

I like the idea of the overhang because it provides you with shelter from the rain and damp..:)

I like the idea of the overhang because it provides you with shelter from the rain and damp..:)

Ya, but then the vibration is much worse. ;) I'll just wear a big coat. :D

On our Miracle cruise we sat on the second level dining all the way aft against the rear windows. The vibration was horrendous during the meals. Stuff was vibrating on the table. Deck 4 aft balconies are just right above that.

Here's a link to some pics from the Legend, cabin 5268.

http://jjj.dyndns.org/~cruise/cabin5268.html

Not a wraparound, but just next door to a wraparound. This cabin has an "extended balcony."

Noise and vibration? The only noise we heard was from the wake, and that is NOT a complaint. It was heaven. We slept one night with the door propped open, just to hear the wake all night.

Vibration? didn't ever notice it.

We loved this aft balcony room and *will* be booking one like it again.

GP

Here's a link to some pics from the Legend, cabin 5268.

http://jjj.dyndns.org/~cruise/cabin5268.html

Not a wraparound, but just next door to a wraparound. This cabin has an "extended balcony."

Noise and vibration? The only noise we heard was from the wake, and that is NOT a complaint. It was heaven. We slept one night with the door propped open, just to hear the wake all night.

Vibration? didn't ever notice it.

We loved this aft balcony room and *will* be booking one like it again.

GP

Cool! 5268 is the one our TA ended up booking us in for the May 2009 Glacier Bay cruise for our honeymoon. My Fiance will be excited to see pix of the room.

Cool! 5268 is the one our TA ended up booking us in for the May 2009 Glacier Bay cruise for our honeymoon. My Fiance will be excited to see pix of the room.

Of my 5 cruises (all on Carnival), this is *by far and away* the most enjoyable cabin I have been in. Of course, it probably doesn't compare to a suite, but I like to save my $$$ and get two cruises for the price of one ;). "Once you go aft, you'll never go back." That applies to me, except that it is a bit more expensive than an inside cabin, but again, I like to cruise...so just put me anywhere on the ship and I'm happy.

The Spirit-class ships are very well laid out, except for the piano bar, which is sort of tucked away from the action. Mark (ASONGULOVE on CC), was the piano player there at the time we were on board, but he has (deservedly so) moved on to bigger ships (for bigger tips). Anyways, check out the piano bar, and depending on who you get, it can make for a fun night. (Disclaimer, yes I play guitar, so I'm sort of biased towards musical activities...)

Email me if you have any questions...It's been a couple of years, but seems like yesterday. You can find my email address on the webpage posted earlier.

GP

Of my 5 cruises (all on Carnival), this is *by far and away* the most enjoyable cabin I have been in. Of course, it probably doesn't compare to a suite, but I like to save my $$$ and get two cruises for the price of one ;). "Once you go aft, you'll never go back."

GP

I was watching a show on the travel Channel about Cruising and they said that cabin selection is crucial to haveing a good cruise..The more comfortable your cabin the more time you spend there relaxing and for more people than not that makes for a better cruise...Of course there will always be people who dont care where they are as long as they are cruiseing and theres nothing wrong with that!:D ..For myself I would rather save and get the cabin I want..Nothing worse for me than going on vacation and having to watch every penny I spend..I think thats why I like cruising so much..I can pay for everything before I leave..All thats left for me to worry about is what kind of dessert I am going to have with dinner..:)

Of my 5 cruises (all on Carnival), this is *by far and away* the most enjoyable cabin I have been in. Of course, it probably doesn't compare to a suite, but I like to save my $$$ and get two cruises for the price of one ;). "Once you go aft, you'll never go back." That applies to me, except that it is a bit more expensive than an inside cabin, but again, I like to cruise...so just put me anywhere on the ship and I'm happy.

The Spirit-class ships are very well laid out, except for the piano bar, which is sort of tucked away from the action. Mark (ASONGULOVE on CC), was the piano player there at the time we were on board, but he has (deservedly so) moved on to bigger ships (for bigger tips). Anyways, check out the piano bar, and depending on who you get, it can make for a fun night. (Disclaimer, yes I play guitar, so I'm sort of biased towards musical activities...)

Email me if you have any questions...It's been a couple of years, but seems like yesterday. You can find my email address on the webpage posted earlier.

GP

Yeah, we are always in the piano bar, its our favorite lounge. I noticed that it is kind of out of the way on those ships. Kinda like on the Fantasy class ships. Thats probably why they put it slap dab in the middle of everything on the Destiny and Conquest classes.

Archived