Where in the World is the Statendam?

sandydownunder

It is in dry dock in Brisbane!! I just flew into Brisbane from Melbourne. The dry dock is in the Brisbane River quite close to the airport so we were down low as we approached for landing. I was so excited to see a HAL ship -not a regular occurrence here. Got a very good view.

Hope she is in great shape for those who are going to sail on her soon.

Sandra

some of the posts sound as if she could use a little bit of a tune up.

so I hope she is all cleaned up and ready to impress! It should be a good sailing to be onboard.

We were on her in Sept and saw only minor blemishes, so she should be perfect for you!

We did have a delayed-reaction toilet: we would have to wait anywhere from 10 to 45 seconds after pushing the button for it to work, but once we learned that everything was fine!

G'day,

We will be on her on the 18th...she is a great ship.

I saw on another web site that on the day of departure the Statendam will not berth until 3pm as there is another cruise ship (P&O) in & sails at 14:30. The port is not big enough for both, it stated...so be aware in case we cannot board at the quoted time of after 11:30am.

Have a look at out web video of this cruise we took in 2006 to New Zealand on the Statendam....this will get you excited for the trip!!

Regards

Noel & Pat

yep, she's just down the river from our place.

we were in Sydney weekend before last and she was in Circular Quay that Sunday, arrived in Brisbane on Tuesday where she sailed all of half a mile across the other side of the Brisbane River to the drydock.

had a look at her on Saturday but forgot my camera. I'll go back around on the weekend and try and grab a couple of snaps to post on the board

7pm tonight heard a ship's horn blowing. went online to see what it was and SuperStar Gemini was heading out. Then I ended up here...

We got off the Statendam on Dec.4 in Brisbane. A day later we were on the River Ferry and saw her just across from the Cruise Terminal in the dry dock. We had a great cruise and I thought she still looked pretty good.Glad Newfarmers you got to see her.

Archived