C&A Wine Tasting and Welcome Back Party

Hi, all!

We're heading on the Mariner this spring with my parents and in-laws. Both hubby and I are C&A Members with different member numbers. We can't remember if you are allowed to bring a guest with you (who is not a C&A member) to the complimentary wine tasting & Welcome Back party. We'd love to bring our Moms to the wine tasting and our Dads to the Welcome Back Party.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Java :D

I know that my Gold coupon book contained a coupon that basically waived the fee for the wine-tasting; anyone could participate in the tasting if they paid the fee. I believe it was a coupon for one, though.

I remember getting an invitation to the Welcome Back party but don't remember if they checked to see if we had one; on my Jewel cruise, my roomie had her own invite, and on my Vision cruise, my son wasn't interested in going, so it wasn't an issue.

Hi, all!

We're heading on the Mariner this spring with my parents and in-laws. Both hubby and I are C&A Members with different member numbers. We can't remember if you are allowed to bring a guest with you (who is not a C&A member) to the complimentary wine tasting & Welcome Back party. We'd love to bring our Moms to the wine tasting and our Dads to the Welcome Back Party.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Java :D

Cindy is right.

The admittance to the wine-tasting is via coupon, so you can't *get* other people in with you. They can pay the fee, but without the coupon, they can't get in for free. (it's a fun activity for free, IMO, but a waste of money if you have to pay ;))

At the Welcome Back party, they don't generally check invitations, but they have a pretty good sense if you seem to "belong". ;)

They did check and collect invitations on my recent Empress cruise, but the invitations don't say "admit 2" or anything like that on them. I was the C&A member and my husband wasn't, but I had him with me and nobody asked him if he should be there or not.

On a related note, my husband and I brought along my parents to a repeat cruisers' party on a different cruiseline, and nobody said a word.

Cindy is right.

The admittance to the wine-tasting is via coupon, so you can't *get* other people in with you. They can pay the fee, but without the coupon, they can't get in for free. (it's a fun activity for free, IMO, but a waste of money if you have to pay ;))

On our first RCCL cruise we cruised with C&A members we paid our $10 dollars pp had a great time NOT because of the wine or information (we go on wine tasting all over, many done better than this one) but because we were with our friends, we enjoyed their company and had fun doing this together.

Thanks, all, for your wonderful information!

Sounds like we'll ask anyone who wants to pay to come along to the wine tasting, and invite our Moms to the Welcome-Back party. If they are asked for invitations then we'll see if we can't sweet talk them in. We'll tell them the truth: they are our MOMS, and we love them!

(But Dads are on their own. ;) )

Java

Archived