Golden Princess - Alaska 2007

relo854

Looking for a cabin with the least amount of movement (worried about getting seasic!!). Also not too worried about convenience/walking....are looking for a cabin in a quite area. The cabins available are Baja 11 - cabins B745.....looking at the book....what is on the corner between this cabin and B751....is that a public balcony....part of cabin B751? B705....how are cabins so close to an elevator? Alohoa 12 cabin A608....close to self laundry?.....because it is under the Lido deck...is there a good possibility that we will hear noise from above? This is our first cruise so we'd appreciate any comment.....thanks in advance!!

The least movement would be a cabin midships and the lower the better. That said, the Alaska cruises spend most of their time in protected waters, and do not tend to experience much in the way of motion.

B745-the tan area is a stairwell, only used for the muster drill. The rest of the time it is closed off. The hall will only be used by the people in B751 going to their suite. It is a very quiet location, harldy any traffic at all. As for movement, you might feel the thrusters in the aft when docking. Otherwise not much motion, perhaps a little gentle wiggle from the screws, which most folks love. Think of a baby in a gently moving cradle.

B705--Noise from lobby or elevators is generally not a problem. You may get the occasional loud person/group waiting, but they are gone as soon as the elevator comes. No noise from the elevators themselves unless your door is open.

A608--Laundry door should not be an issue, but I would not say the same for A610. A608 is under the indoor, carpeted Horizon Court section of Lido, so there will not be much, if any, noise noticed from that.

Of the three, I would pick B745, but that is my own opinion.

I was looking at this cruise also, and by the itinerary there is a good chance of choppy waters out of Seattle for the first night as the route shows the ship sailing west of Vancouver Island and then entering the inside passage. Definately book a lower deck and as close to midship as possible if seasickness is a problem. Cruises leaving from Vancouver usually have the smoothest waters.

I was looking at this cruise also, and by the itinerary there is a good chance of choppy waters out of Seattle for the first night as the route shows the ship sailing west of Vancouver Island and then entering the inside passage.
That is true, I had forgotten that the Golden does the RT out of Seattle, vs. the one-ways out of Whittier/Vancouver. There is more ocean motion noticed on that first/last day out/into Seattle. :o

Archived