4 People in a Cabin...

Team P

We are thinking of booking a cabin and sharing it with another couple (4 total).. Has anyone ever stayed in a cabin with 4 adults and can you offer any advice???

Thanks!

If the 4 adults are not related, I would definitely get a mini-suite at the very least. A full suite would even be better, but the cost is much greater. Four adults in a standard room is just too confining and you will be tripping over each other. Especially with the size of the bathroom and shower. That's just my opinion.

Four adults in a cabin is called a can of sardines.....:D :D :D I couldn't resist. Personally, I don't know anyone that I like THAT much. There's barely enough room for DH and I; I can't imagine sharing less than 200 sq ft with 2 other adults but I guess if that's the only way you can cruise, then the old saying goes 'where there's a will, there's a way".

Happy Sailing!

It is doable, but pretty cramped. Especially the privacy issue when everyone is getting ready for dinner. Maybe you could draw straws to see which couple gets to use the shower and change first?

Heck, even with just the two of us in a regular cabin it tends to be a bit crowded at times. Princess does have some of the smallest regular cabins I have ever seen.

I'd say it depends.

Age is my first question. I think, youger people can put up with that better.

I am now 46 and except for a few close friends, I would hesitate.

My sister did it when she was about 26 or so. Her Hub and another couple did an inside cabin. It was tight but they made it work. I guess it depends on attitude. Navy sailors get by for 6 months in very small quarters. I think everyone has to agree to be smart with the shower and not expect alot of privacy.

Another question is money. If you can afford separate cabins than I would not do it just to save the money. If two cabins is beyond your means, then you should consider the quad.

When considering the money though, look at the net number against the entire cost, not just the base price. Add in the air-fare, port charges, drinks, taxi, clothes, excursions, etc for 4 people.

The only cruise line I've shared a quad with three other adults is Carnival...bigger cabins, and well-laid out. The three other adults were my adult kids, though, which all gets into the "we are family" thing. I could be "in charge" and use the shower first and get the bed with the best view of the TV and wear foam earplugs...because I paid for it. :)!

It may be cramped, but how much time do you really spend in there anyway? We always take our two teenagers (17 & 19) with us and just squeeze in so that we can cruise more often. But, then again, we are family, so that could be a different situation. Dinner hour is difficult sometimes, but there is always the option of showering in the spa area.

If it means cruising or not cruising, go for it!

I think it is doable but not something I would like to do. My DH teases me that I have to have my own bathroom here at home and am only willing to "share" on vacation. That is where most of the problems occur - shower schedules and odors.

I have shared an inside with two kids but would not do more than that. This is sooo personal.I dont mind the coziness but there is a fine line between coziness and claustrophobia. Princess cabins are on the small side unless you are looking at a mini in which case you could probably get two insides for the same price...

My only tip if you were to do it is to pack LIGHT ! And book on a high deck so that you can shower in the spa- just use your robe to walk between your cabin and the locker room.

We've done four to a cabin numerous times, last time was on a Costa ship with a tiny room. I think the main thing is if you feel comfortable sharing a small space with these people and if you have any bathroom hogs with you, timing and scheduling is also very important!!!

In the past it has made the difference to us whether or not we were able to cruise. Having four people in a room was not going to keep me from going!! :D

We won't even share a cabin with our kids. So two adults - no way! (for us) Your on vacation, the privacy, not to mention bathroom access will be so much better with two in the cabin. If you are looking to save money, book two insides. It's often cheaper than a balcony or mini suite quad.

Go for it! We go four to an inside quad. Works good as the two teenage kids are on a totally different schedule. The only time we have trouble is getting showered and dressed for dinner if the kids decide to join the parents.

I really think it also depends on how comfortable you feel with the other couple. You will be very close to them for a week. Can you stand them that close?:confused:

My first cruise was with my parents and brother, in a quad, with bunkbeds. Didn't bother me in the least... except trying to get in the top bunk. That ladder is a killer on your feet. Coming down wasn't too easy either, lol. But we were hardly ever in the room either. I'd say go for it!!

Tight quarters like that could jeopardize your friendship. As someone above mentioned, if money is an issue, 2 inside cabins would work. If you've never been in a cruise stateroom before, they are small! Especially getting ready for dinner (showers, dressing...).

The goal to share a cabin is to save money, so any inconveniences resulting from sharing a cramped cabin will be resolved if everyone has this in mind.

2 people will have to sleep on bunks and won't be able to nap during the day so readily. The bunks need to disappear during the day so you'll have more room to move about in the room.

I wouldn't mind sharing a room with my siblings, but when spouses are involved, that's more difficult to share. My DH wouldn't mind, but others might. No one should be coerced into sharing a room.

2 couples sharing the same room is tricky unless the couples hang around each other a lot and have the same lifestyle schedule. If one couple likes to party late and the other likes to get up early, then they shouldn't share a room.

Anyways, as long as the 4 people involved agree, then it's not a problem.

We went with 4 people in a balcony room a few years ago (2 adults, 2 children). We vowed not to do it again, we still had a great cruise but there just wasn't enough room or bathroom time for everyone. We have found that the cost difference is worth the extra room even if we have to go from balcony to inside.

Archived