Is Hampton Inn Plantation worth $45 more than LQ Hollywood?

harryfat1

Hi,

I have been reading the various comments between Hampton Inn Plantation and LQ Hollywood the past few months on this board and in trip advisor. I have existing reservations for both places for next Saturday’s stay prior to our HAL cruise and have been indecisive in which one reservation to keep and which one to cancel. As both places have been highly rated on these boards and on Trip advisor as well.

I guess if it’s based purely on economics, then LQ has the edge as I secured it for $80/night few months ago on the AAA price. Hampton Inn comes in at $125/night. Both are similar in their shuttle/breakfast offerings and from what I read, both places are very service friendly.

From the various posts that Bequia has posted, I more or less have a good idea of what stores/restaurants are around both hotels. We will be coming in on Saturday morning after a red eye from CA and we won’t have a car. Which means we will be hanging around the hotel/shopping area for 24 hours until we board the ship.

From what I have read, the neighborhood/mall location area around Hampton Inn Plantation seems to be nicer, but the question is if it’s worth $45 more? I realize these are subjective answers, but if anyone has any thoughts on this, I would appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Harry

We loved the Hampton Plantation last month. I would suggest you call the managers Hampton (I think it was Maureen) and tell her the price you got at the other place and can she do any better. You have to talk to the manager to do that, not the other workers. She was very eager to please. I've only stayed there in FL.

Is free wifi included in your other hotel, or doesn't it matter?

They have a very nice Day Spa next door too, a lot less expensive than the cruise ship. My DIL used it and she said they did a great job.

Archived