Oosterdam Review (short) 11-24

beaglecruiser

Background: 10th cruise, (previous Celebrity, Cunard, Carnival, Disney, RCC, Seabourn) 1st HAL, 44 male, group of 10 including teens. Mexican Riveria.

Ship: Great shape, very comfortable beds, soft goods in great shape. We had cabins 6020, 6022, 6016, 1062. Pools warm and very clean. Public areas well kept and very clean.

Staff: Amazingly friendly, some of the best service we have had and this includes Seabourn. Everyone was always smiling and seemed happy. The crew show was alot of fun and was a highlight of the trip. I think I will visit Indonesia!

Food: Very good, always hot and fresh. Lido had very good selection and dining room served King Crab and Lobster. Room Service never took more than 30 minutes and I thought the selections were very good and we took advantage of cabin breakfast 5 of 7 mornings. The baked goods seemed above and beyond Celebrity and I thought all of the beef and fish selections to be very good.

Entertainment: Elton John impersonator was the highlight and was one of the best shows I have seen on the high seas. Lance Ringwald (olympic gymnist) put on a interesting, although in my opinion, a bit odd gymnastic/comedy show and the production numbers were the weak link in the entertainment. The pianist in the piano bar was great and there was a jazz combo onboard for a Jazz Tour group that was fantatsic ( we snuck into a few of the private events). The cruise director did a good job moving things along.

Overall: A great cruise and a fantatsic ship. I booked another HAL cruise on board and I think HAL moves up to the second spot behind Seabourn on my favorites list.

I am happy to answer any specifics

Thanks for the review, I like hearing from others that have sailed other cruise lines and can come back and say that they liked my favorite ship. I am not saying that those that did not enjoy their cruise are wrong I am trying to say that since DH and I have not gone away from HAL in a long time that our feelings about the Oosterdam must still hold true (Hope that makes sense)

There have been numerous excellent reviews of the Oosterdam in recent weeks so it looks that her Officers and Crew must be doing something right:)

Thanks again for your review and hopefully your next HAL cruise is not that far away.

Archived